Gigs

pilsner_ffc

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

My mate went to see them earlier in the year, and he said that it was just full of wee girls screaming their heads off. I can imagine that being a pain in tits, when you're just wanting to hear the band you've paid to see.

That was my fear. I'm in the seating area, so I'm hopeful that the noise of that is contained within the standing bit.

Frightened Rabbit were fucking outstanding on Sunday, easily one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Really special band.

As for the 1975, the screaming would probably ruin it a bit but their lightshow/stage set is said to be one of the best in the business. 

Edited by Fratelli

Frightened Rabbit last night might be the best thing I've ever seen
James Graham out for Be Less Rude
Seeing Snake for the 3rd time
The entire thing being filmed
What a weekend

I'm not really in to the twilight sad, seen them a few years ago and wasn't that taken with them but he was absolutely class for be less rude on Sunday. One of the many highlights!

On 19/12/2016 at 07:32, Randy Giles said:

They played Good Arms after the first night? Arseholes!

It was glorious.

19 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It was filmed? Wonder if just for future promo video use or for commercial release.

I'd love to have a Frabbit Live DVD, probably won't be for that but I live in hope.

17 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

You've clearly never done a pop gig before. Which is what The 1975 is. The screaming will be everywhere.

10 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Frightened Rabbit were fucking outstanding on Sunday, easily one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Really special band.

As for the 1975, the screaming would probably ruin it a bit but their lightshow/stage set is said to be one of the best in the business. 

I have been to a few pop gigs before, but not in years (last one was probably Robbie Williams at Hampden, and the audience was generally a tad older), and usually in smaller venues than the Hydro. However, yes, the screaming was everywhere. Didn't take away from the fact that the gig was amazing. They have so many great pop songs, particularly on their second album, and the stage show is phenomenal. Easily one of the best gigs I've been to this year.

I have been to a few pop gigs before, but not in years (last one was probably Robbie Williams at Hampden, and the audience was generally a tad older), and usually in smaller venues than the Hydro. However, yes, the screaming was everywhere. Didn't take away from the fact that the gig was amazing. They have so many great pop songs, particularly on their second album, and the stage show is phenomenal. Easily one of the best gigs I've been to this year.

Was it sold out? Can't see it being too long before them and CatB are headlining festivals - if not 2017, then definitely 2018.

8 hours ago, keithgy said:

I have got tickets for Avenged Sevenfold for my wife's Christmas,they are not my cup of tea but is see Distrubed are supporting them and that makes it bearable.

Was supposed to be In Flames too who are pretty good, but seem to have pulled out with Chevelle taking their place.