Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got tickets for Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks and the Lumineers next July in Hyde park the other day

If you haven't seen him, Petty's festival show is three new songs to every classic. And you instantly forget the new songs, but the classics are great.

They were absolutely outstanding. Had to be "that guy" who filmed some on his phone as I was under instruction from a disappointed 8 year old who couldn't go that he wanted "get out", "wish I was sober" and "swim" recorded. 2 out of 3 was okay and i laughed when I heard someone shout for swim only to be told he'd "picked the wrong night".

Frabbit were brilliant last night too. I always feel I get a bit unlucky with setlists. They played Fast Blood the 3 nights previous, then it's dropped for Saturday. Can't grumble too much as it was a sensational set. Scott's acoustic bit and Things were particular highlights.

^^^ arsehole found
[emoji6]
Seriously though, some prime wallopers right behind me for pretty much the second half of the night. I fail to see the draw in going to a gig and spending it with your back to the stage in a huddle with your mates jumping up and down the whole time.

Haha, wasn't me I went myself... [emoji22]

I did spot a group of guys doing this near the front, would be quite rage inducing if I was nearer them.

On Friday the boy in front of me took exception to the folk in front of him jumping around during The Woodpile and shoved one of them in the back. The guy turned round, grabbed the pusher's glasses off his face and launched them into the abyss of the crowd.

Good gig, probably the best one I've been to this year.

11 hours ago, tigerton said:

Frabbit were brilliant last night too. I always feel I get a bit unlucky with setlists. They played Fast Blood the 3 nights previous, then it's dropped for Saturday. Can't grumble too much as it was a sensational set. Scott's acoustic bit and Things were particular highlights.

I preferred the set list on Saturday to the one played on Friday, was really happy they played Good Arms.

On 12/16/2016 at 13:27, Jaggy Snake said:

Pretty sure it was silver.

On 12/16/2016 at 19:39, marty_j said:

More importantly what were Madball like - can't imagine them going down too well in that sort of venue.

Silver/White my eyes clearly don't work in my young/old age. I was sure it was white I might be wrong.

Madball were nae bad like. Obviously a massive room for them but the crowd enjoyed it and i enjoyed it enough to wanna see them in a toilet venue in the future!

Going to see The 1975 tonight, for some reason. Very intrigued to see what their live set is like.

My mate went to see them earlier in the year, and he said that it was just full of wee girls screaming their heads off. I can imagine that being a pain in tits, when you're just wanting to hear the band you've paid to see.

4 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It was filmed? Wonder if just for future promo video use or for commercial release.

When I was in the queue outside I saw some guys with a camera filming the front of the building... they were at the front of the stage filming the whole gig. And there was a GoPro on the lighting rig behind Grant. I think one of the guys said it was for facebook but I should imagine most of the gig will appear online at some point at least.