Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just bought tickets for Guns n Roses next summer. Also bought a couple of tickets to go and see Fatherson who are supporting some Dutch mob called Kensington when they play in Zürich in February. Never heard of the main act but really like what I have heard from Fatherson, admittedly though I haven't bothered with their second album yet.

Is the Green Day thing part of the replacement for T in the Park? I know they're supposed to be running stuff at Glasgow Green that week.

Been about 15 years since I last saw Green Day, could be fun to revisit I suppose.

A week too early. Different promoters too.

58 minutes ago, wishyman said:

Chilli peppers were on top form last night, baby metal were dross, thank Christ I got lost and missed majority of their set. China must be bank rolling their tour.

You're correct, Babymetal are utter shite, however it's highly unlikely they were funded by China. 

That would be bit like Kim Jong Un backing Psy (the gangnam style bloke).

7 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

You're correct, Babymetal are utter shite, however it's highly unlikely they were funded by China. 

That would be bit like Kim Jong Un backing Psy (the gangnam style bloke).

My thinking was, why on earth would a top band take such dross on tour?

I didn't mean the government, just oriental wealth.

Pay something to the tour costs and get that shit some exposure.

Dreadful.com

My thinking was, why on earth would a top band take such dross on tour?
I didn't mean the government, just oriental wealth.
Pay something to the tour costs and get that shit some exposure.
Dreadful.com

Apparently they have quite a big following. Must be the folk that are into anything Japanese like Manga, J-Pop, JRPG's and schoolgirls in tartan mini skirts.
It's all a bit too peculiar for me.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Apparently they have quite a big following. Must be the folk that are into anything Japanese like Manga, J-Pop, JRPG's and schoolgirls in tartan mini skirts.
It's all a bit too peculiar for me.

Each to their own I suppose bud. Like yourself, it's not for me.

I was at gig with my 15 year old daughter and she thought they were dung also.

Chillies were top class and that's who we went to see.

8 hours ago, wishyman said:

Chilli peppers were on top form last night, baby metal were dross, thank Christ I got lost and missed majority of their set. China must be bank rolling their tour.

Babymetal were absolutely awful last night. Although, thankfully the RHCP were on top form last night.

I actually know a few people who only went to the gig to see Babymetal and left half way through the RHCP set. 

Rancid are brilliant live, hope they do some of their own shows when they are over but I can't see it happening. 

Not paying £60 for Green Day that's for sure.

Truly bizarre lineup, the idea of Rancid as a stadium/arena band is pretty hilarious.

£60 for that is madness.

Truly bizarre lineup, the idea of Rancid as a stadium/arena band is pretty hilarious.
£60 for that is madness.

I don't think anybody suggested that Rancid were a stadium/arena band to be fair.

They're fucking brilliant in a wee, sweaty Barrowlands/Academy type venue though!

I've no doubt whatsoever that they'll be a fun, entertaining opening band for Green Day. Excellent choice of support band IMO.

I don't think anybody suggested that Rancid were a stadium/arena band to be fair.

They're fucking brilliant in a wee, sweaty Barrowlands/Academy type venue though!

I've no doubt whatsoever that they'll be a fun, entertaining opening band for Green Day. Excellent choice of support band IMO.

Someone has obviously suggested it otherwise they wouldn't be going on an arena tour with Green Day..

Nothing quite like sticking it to the man at a £60 a head gig in Bellahouston or Hyde Park right!

Someone has obviously suggested it otherwise they wouldn't be going on an arena tour with Green Day..

Nothing quite like sticking it to the man at a £60 a head gig in Bellahouston or Hyde Park right!

They're the support band though so it doesn't really matter what level of venue they're deemed to be at. Most stadium/arena size bands I've seen have had what most would see as a smaller/lesser type-band supporting them. Off the top of my head, ACDC had The Subways open for them at Hampden for example.

It's Green Day who are the stadium/arena band and so that's what determines the types of venue. Rancid might be a band the Green Day guys like or are friends with, and who might also share mutual fans. Regardless, though, I'm sure Rancid will be brilliant and are a great choice of support band IMO.

ETA: Agree about £60 for a ticket but that seems to be about the going rate for a gig from a big band these days...