Gigs

pilsner_ffc

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

74 quid for Kings of Leon.

Credit to them. Great sense of humour, the lads.

I posted something similar on Twitter yesterday. I like most of their early stuff and some of the later tunes but I genuinely have no idea how anyone could justify paying that price for them. They're also dull as dishwater live so it's not even as if you're paying for a spectacle.

12 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

I posted something similar on Twitter yesterday. I like most of their early stuff and some of the later tunes but I genuinely have no idea how anyone could justify paying that price for them. They're also dull as dishwater live so it's not even as if you're paying for a spectacle.

Remember when they played Reading and thought it was absolutely horrific and demanded that BBC don't show it as quickly as they could. They do look ridiculously dull live.

I got tickets for Sum 41 at the Barrowlands which should be a cracking wee show.

On 12/10/2016 at 20:40, Randy Giles said:

I've got a feeling they've got a big show here next year. Seems odd that they'd do a fairly lengthy English arena tour without a Scottish date in a place where they still have huge popularity. I'm reckoning a potential Bellahouston gig.

They've just been announced to headline the Clyde 1 gig at the Hydro with Tom Odell.

Sunset Sons last night at the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen.  First time in there and was surprised by how small it was.  Only saw 1 support (Jessarea or something like that!) who were alright.  Sunset Sons were good - just a shame that the place was half empty and it was quite hard for them to generate much atmosphere.

Still decent beer on tap so was a good night!

On 10/18/2016 at 11:03, The Minertaur said:

Sunset Sons last night at the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen.  First time in there and was surprised by how small it was.  Only saw 1 support (Jessarea or something like that!) who were alright.  Sunset Sons were good - just a shame that the place was half empty and it was quite hard for them to generate much atmosphere.

Still decent beer on tap so was a good night!

Metallica could play Aberdeen and not sell out. I hate Aberdeen music scene when it comes to gigs - moans theres no gigs. Get gigs, doesnt go anyway!

48 minutes ago, ShinobiDandy said:

Metallica could play Aberdeen and not sell out. I hate Aberdeen music scene when it comes to gigs - moans theres no gigs. Get gigs, doesnt go anyway!

Agreed.  I don't go to many gigs but everyone I've been to in Aberdeen hasn't been full.  Shame as there's been some alright bands up.