Gigs

pilsner_ffc

That was a very enjoyable 70 minutes or so. Ricky Wilson was clearly completely blootered but still ever the tremendous frontman and there wasn't a bad moment in the set. The new stuff was tremendous. Especially Hole in My Soul.

Does that mean it was a 70 minute set or only 70 minutes were enjoyable?

48 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It was a 70 minute set.

That is shocking!! I'd be seriously pissed off if any of my favourite bands did that. They should be making an extra effort to appease anyone still interested in them after the singer selling his soul to some karaoke show. 

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd say given it's 16 quid, half the price of their arena show, then it's fair enough. Anyone expecting a full show for that price from a big band is totally deluded.

That'll be the arena tour where they never even bothered to book a Scottish date and had to hurriedly arrange this 'wee show' to make up for it I suppose? :P

Should have been boycotted for that ridiculous snub.

Just now, Tommy Nooka said:

That'll be the arena tour where they never even bothered to book a Scottish date and had to hurriedly arrange this 'wee show' to make up for it I suppose? :P

Should have been boycotted for that ridiculous snub.

I've got a feeling they've got a big show here next year. Seems odd that they'd do a fairly lengthy English arena tour without a Scottish date in a place where they still have huge popularity. I'm reckoning a potential Bellahouston gig.

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Just discovered Three Blind Wolves are supporting Wintersleep tonight in Stereo. What a night we have in store here.

Three Blind Wolves are fuckin incredible!

Would have loved to have gone, but was at Steve Mason, at The Art School. What a gig that was!

6 hours ago, dave.j said:

Would have loved to have gone, but was at Steve Mason, at The Art School. What a gig that was!

I was at Steve Mason as well, tremendous stuff. What an end as well with dry the rain. Loved it.

11 hours ago, dave.j said:

Had a chat with Ross at the merch table afterwards. Top boy.

Also Scott out of Frightened Rabbit joined Wintersleep for a tune that was cool too.

Grabbed some tickets to see The Naked and Famous in Edinburgh next February.

Caught Lonely the Brave on Tuesday as well at King Tut's. Dead good despite having to leave early to get the last bus back to Edinburgh.

Going to see Feeder tomorrow and then Jamie T, Bastille and Biffy all in Newcastle over the next few months. On the fence over whether to go for Jake Bugg and Courteeners tickets as well but I've got a feeling that's just being greedy. 

Feeder were OK, I think they were hamstrung by the venue though - the Newcastle union isn't great.

Seeing Jamie T in Sunday at the Newcastle O2 which promises to be much better. I've also booked to see Green Day at Hyde Park next year which I'm buzzing for.