Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Festwich in July. Forty plus tribute acts for free, and (more importantly) the chance of a mucky weekend with Mrs WRK. That's as in two nights with no kids, rather than wallowing in a quagmire of collapsed tents, btw. Those days are well and truly behind us.

Mercury Rev in June. What's La Belle Angelle in Eboro like as a venue?

Pretty small so you're really close to the artist/band. You need to make sure you're in the middle/left hand side of the room though to actually be able to see the stage as there's a giant pillar that completely blocks it from the right hand side. The gigs I've been to there have always been great.

Only six days until The King Blues, The Wonder Years and Enter Shikari. First time in one of the wee balcony bits as well. Should be fun!

Looking forward to this, would prefer it to be at a different venue though.

Got Therapy? at Oran Mor the following week.

Only six days until The King Blues, The Wonder Years and Enter Shikari. First time in one of the wee balcony bits as well. Should be fun!

I thought the wee balconies would be good but they're a bit rubbish. They cram about 10 people into it and there's only really room for about 4 people to see!

I thought the wee balconies would be good but they're a bit rubbish. They cram about 10 people into it and there's only really room for about 4 people to see!

Is this in the academy? I wandered back from the bogs during a verve gig and lost my bearings a bit so wandered into one of them to see what was going on and got leathered by about 6 foaming at the mouth lassies. I take it their like private boxes?

Is this in the academy? I wandered back from the bogs during a verve gig and lost my bearings a bit so wandered into one of them to see what was going on and got leathered by about 6 foaming at the mouth lassies. I take it their like private boxes?

They're not 'private' but you do need a ticket for the 'balcony booths', you end up getting crammed into a a wee box with complete strangers unless you're going with loads of mates.

Only about 4/5 people can get to the front and if they're tall you're pretty much fucked.

Once, never again!....on a positive note, they're handy for the bogs.