Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Sorry, worded that completely incorrectly. Meant a set of his solo stuff instead of his work with Crazy Horse.

Have a look at the setlists from the gigs he's played so far on this tour, looks like he comes on and does 6 or so solo acoustic numbers before the Nelson boys join him for the Monsanto Years stuff. Even then, there's loads of non-Horse stuff e.g. a couple of songs from both Harvest and Harvest Moon. Just hope he lives long enough to make it over!

:)

Edited by salmonbuddie

The Horse, while a hell of a backing band, are just that when they're accompanying Neil. He's a bit of a control freak, you know.

I do agree with the sentiment, though, at least I think I know what you mean now. Neil's stuff can be sorted into different categories, some of them pretty damned esoteric - or nigh-on unlistenable for the uninitiated.

I personally like his more acoustic stuff best, but the way some of those songs get beefed up with a real kick ass backing band on stage gives them a whole new dimension.

Got standing tickets for The Libertines at The Hydro. Not been in standing section there yet.

Saw The Libertines at o2 Academy earlier in the year but only had seating tickets.

Reverend and the Makers and The View both supporting which makes it even better.

Seeing Admiral Fallow next month so good start to the year.

First 4 gigs of 2016:

Frazey Ford

Lindi Ortega

Jason Isbell

Jan 22nd, 23rd and 24th.

Milk Carton Kids

Jan 30th.

Still really tempted by Eleanor Friedberger - new album is getting top reviews and her previous 2 were fantastic - but its the same night as the Superbowl and theres no way I'd make it home for kick-off.

Made a list of my top 10 gigs of the year when I was deciding my top 10 albums. Thought I'd post them here. You may be able to tell I quite like The Twilight Sad.

1. The Twilight Sad, Barrowlands

2. The Twilight Sad, Scala

3. Ryan Adams, Usher Hall

4. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Stereo

5. Tame Impala, Barrowlands

6. The Strokes, Hyde Park

7. Blur, Barrowlands

8. Nathaniel Rateliff, The Tron

9. Ezra Furman, The Art School

10. Benjamin Clementine, Royal Concert Hall

AC/DC playing Bern later this year, tickets on sale on Monday morning. Seen them last year in Zürich. Tempted to try and get tickets again but not sure I fancy a Sunday night effort in this country.

Nice, I'm away to see him in September.

Was he any good live?

Very good. New York State of Mind just made more sense in NY.

Jimmy Fallon (who replaced Letterman as host of the Late Show) was the guest.

$11.50 for a pint of Stella in MSG though.

I have tickets for Wembley also.