Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The Twilight Sad on Saturday was hands down the best gig I've ever been to in my life. That was something special. Managed to follow that up with one of the worst gigs I've ever been to last night in Mumford & Sons at the Hydro.

Barrie-James O'Neill (former Kassidy frontman and Lana Del Rey shagger) tonight at King Tuts, then The View on Wednesday. Not particularly looking forward to The View, especially with the Academy's awful sound and me not being a massive fan of them generally.

Went to Medicine Men with Lional as the support on Sunday night at Sleazy's - pretty good gig. I saw Lional supporting Neon Waltz at the HAC in Irvine 2 weeks ago and they were really good, got a really polished sound. As for MM it was my first time seeing them and really enjoyed it - the Zombies meets Empire-period Kasabian meets Inspiral Carpets.

Not sure what my next one's going to be, I'll try and fit some kind of giggage in over the festive period between various work commitments. I did manage to get tickets for the Coral in March, that should be a pretty damn good gig.

The Twilight Sad on Saturday was hands down the best gig I've ever been to in my life. That was something special. Managed to follow that up with one of the worst gigs I've ever been to last night in Mumford & Sons at the Hydro.

Barrie-James O'Neill (former Kassidy frontman and Lana Del Rey shagger) tonight at King Tuts, then The View on Wednesday. Not particularly looking forward to The View, especially with the Academy's awful sound and me not being a massive fan of them generally.

Did you get a print on Saturday?

The wife was at Mumford last night, she had a good time (quite happy to bounce around like an eejit) but she said the crowd was awful. Awful. Bunch of tofu reading, Guardian eating bores. Even the singer, at the start of the gig, told the crowd to f**k off if they were not there to enjoy themselves.

Went to see Neon Waltz / Saints / Lional at the Harbour Arts Centre a couple of weeks ago. Cracking gig (well 2/3rds of it) in a great, wee venue. Lional were the surprise package. Opening the gig with a set of post-punk influenced songs. Would love to see them again, playing a longer set. Neon Waltz were even better than I expected. They just look like a bunch of mates who love playing music. Saints on the other hand were f******g abysmal. Everything about them seemed over thought and rehearsed and the guitarist was the most embarrassing musician I've seen since Spinal Tap. Great value all in for £6 though.

I didn't. Spent my non-beer money on the Nobody Wants To Be Here tshirt. Hoping they put the print online soon though so I can get one. Did you?

I got number 2. I'm quite eager.

They'd said on twitter (or facebook, I forget which) that any that didn't get sold would be on the website, but I'm not seeing any.

I got number 2. I'm quite eager.

They'd said on twitter (or facebook, I forget which) that any that didn't get sold would be on the website, but I'm not seeing any.

I didn't even realise they were numbered, I might've made more of an effort to get one if that were the case! James is probably still coming down from Saturday that he hasn't had a chance to get them up yet. Either that or they did sell them out!