Gigs

pilsner_ffc

In Glasgow? When I was there last week there's effectively two lots of people - first ones on the door scan your ticket, next ones at the next set of doors scan it again and (because the people in just in front of me were going to the balcony) tell you which way to go. I assume you'd need a standing ticket to get through that part (although come to think of it you'd need to go through the front anyway if you wanted to go to the bar, hmm).

There's 2 bars upstairs, if you don't want to spend a large chunk of a gig at the bar I'd actually recommend it, you can get a drink and a piss in 5 mins...depending on who you're seeing of course, seating isn't suitable for some bands.

In saying that I saw QOTSA upstairs at the Academy and spent most of the gig bouncing along the mostly empty row of seats!

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Bring Me the Horizon were in the Academy. Absolutely mobbed. Which I suppose it would be, given it was a sell out. On the ticket thing, the people at the doors and at the stairs didn't scan the tickets. And it was the same for Editors and New Order. So I assume it's easier now than it used to be to get into standing.

Onto tonight's gig, and it was a screamer. Extremely short. 70 minutes I think it lasted, but it was a cracker anyways.

Coldplay at the Etihad.

Yeah we got tickets for that

Last night Enrique(surprisingly good) Flo and the Machine tonight and Blur on Sunday night all free at the Abu Dhabi grand prix and faithless tonight on the beach again free