Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to see a Mozart/Schubert/Beethoven treble bill tonight. My first classical concert and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Seeing Built to Spill on Wednesday too which I can't wait for.

Did you get to speak to any of them?

Grimbo

Enjoyed Maximo Park at the barras immensely, was fantastic to hear A Certain Trigger played in full and given that a couple of the guys I was with had been at the Newcastle City Hall gig of theirs the night before with seating and nae booze it was the perfect antithesis to that. Didn't even mind getting snowed on when I got to Wilson Street on my way back to the city centre!

Mickey 9s in Killie on Saturday were outstanding too - incredibly infectious and I'm considering taking a night off my work to go and see them on the 12th December in Glasgow. They worked the crowd so well, and the basslines are just brilliant. I've been won over a belter!

Not sure what my next gig is now - if my mate can get me a ticket for The View on my birthday in Glasgow then I'll go to that, but I'm not too fussed if I miss them given I've seen them about 5 times now.

Metronomy are pretty brilliant live. Grace Jones is supposed to be, and went down a storm, despite probably being more irrelevant these days than The Coral.

The Coral were fairly gash when I seen them, and that was in 2003.

I've never watched them play live before and given it'll be a hometown gig after a long hiatus and a new album I'm looking forward to it.

Asked this a wee while ago but just wondering if there's an update. Has anyone been to the o2 Academy recently as I'm wondering how easy it is to get into standing. A couple of folk replied saying that it's possible to use someone else's ticket after they've gone in but don't know if they've been recently or not. I'm going on Sunday and really don't want to be seating.

In Glasgow? When I was there last week there's effectively two lots of people - first ones on the door scan your ticket, next ones at the next set of doors scan it again and (because the people in just in front of me were going to the balcony) tell you which way to go. I assume you'd need a standing ticket to get through that part (although come to think of it you'd need to go through the front anyway if you wanted to go to the bar, hmm).

In Glasgow? When I was there last week there's effectively two lots of people - first ones on the door scan your ticket, next ones at the next set of doors scan it again and (because the people in just in front of me were going to the balcony) tell you which way to go. I assume you'd need a standing ticket to get through that part (although come to think of it you'd need to go through the front anyway if you wanted to go to the bar, hmm).

Yeah in Glasgow. What folk on here said was that if 2 people had a standing ticket and one seating then the standing ones could go in and one come out with 2 standing tickets for the seated one and their own one.