Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Fucking great Fingers gig, anyone else from here went to it? I got backstage just in time to say goodbye to Jake but had a giggle with Ali, listening to his tales.

I can't believe I went to a punk gig wearing a cardigan, if only my 15 year old self could see me now?

Grimbo

Aye, I was there. Was a brilliant gig, bought tickets for St Patrick's day at Barrowlands too.

A fucking cardigan though ? As long as you dinnae get hypothermia eh auld yin.

Aye, I was there. Was a brilliant gig, bought tickets for St Patrick's day at Barrowlands too. A fucking cardigan though ? As long as you dinnae get hypothermia eh auld yin.

Aye luckily I got to go backstage to keep warm :)

slf_zpssl8nz3lr.jpg

Grimbo

I'm going to see New Order on Thursday.

I am super jelly. I wish I was going but I'm working anyway, so I'll need to give it a miss.

Kurt Vile was good on Monday, met my neighbour quite near the front. Good sound but maybe played a few too many of the hits at the start. Did enjoy the use of Rich Girl by Hall & Oates as his walk-off music too.

Got Maximo Park on Friday and Mickey 9s on Saturday, going to be a good one this weekend!

Didn't enjoy New Order as much as I thought I would. Not without it's great moments though. "Your Silent Face" and "Temptation" were both fucking phenomenal, and "Plastic", "Restless", "Atmosphere" and "Bizarre Love Triangle" were the other good 'uns, but the rest I could take or leave.

Didn't enjoy New Order as much as I thought I would. Not without it's great moments though. "Your Silent Face" and "Temptation" were both fucking phenomenal, and "Plastic", "Restless", "Atmosphere" and "Bizarre Love Triangle" were the other good 'uns, but the rest I could take or leave.

Didn't like the version of Bizarre Love Triangle that they did. Pretty much the whole second half of the main set seemed to have the same drum beat going on in the background. Waiting For the Sirens' Call as a dance track is horrible. The Atmosphere/Love Will Tear Us Apart start to the encore is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I'd checked out by that point, Blue Monday was a pish finish.

I wish the sound in the Academy didn't take several songs to get to the right level. For the first 4/5 songs in there it feels like everything's competing against each other. It ruined Ceremony, which is a big shame.