Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got MacFloyd (Scottish Pink Floyd tribute) at the ABC playing Wish You Were Here in full tonight at the ABC, then Kurt Vile, Ezra Furman and Albert Hammond Jr next week. Really looking forward to Ezra Furman in particular. He was absolutely outstanding at Broadcast a couple of months back.

Joe Pug at Broadcast on Wednesday night was very special. Incredible songwriter and a great guy as well. Ended up buying his new record which I thoroughly recommend.

So that's Busted added to my 2016 list!

Got tickets for this in the presale. Charlie Simpson is a great artist and I can't wait to see him with Busted. I've seen Busted twice before but can't really remember it because I was so young. Also seen him with Fightstar four times and solo eight times.

Got tickets to see the Happy Mondays at the O2 on Sunday.

I've seen Black Grape live when Ryder was off his tits, I expect this to be a more subdued performance. Then again.

I gave my 2 tickets to my mate. Double booked with a dirty weekend in edinburgh and tickets for slf at liquid rooms. If you bump into a Craig from Methil who looks like he's enjoying himself too much , give him a dunt in the pus from me !

Fucking great Fingers gig, anyone else from here went to it? I got backstage just in time to say goodbye to Jake but had a giggle with Ali, listening to his tales.

I can't believe I went to a punk gig wearing a cardigan, if only my 15 year old self could see me now?

Grimbo

Off to see Imagine Dragons tonight at the Hydro. I was a big fan of their first album, but never really got into their second album. So hopefully, they play a good percentage of the first album tonight.

Really enjoyed them tonight. Good ratio of old and new music!

Went to see The Mountain Goats on Friday night at Glasgow Art School, was excellent. Going to see a band with 15+ albums means you'll never really get everything you want to hear but was great nonetheless.

The parts of the gig where it's just John and the guitar are incredibly powerful, good as the newer stuff is.

Also, returned to the Art School to see Daughter last night, I didn't know any of their songs before I went in but I really enjoyed it (terrible support act aside). Will definitely give them a proper listen,

Went to see The Mountain Goats on Friday night at Glasgow Art School, was excellent. Going to see a band with 15+ albums means you'll never really get everything you want to hear but was great nonetheless.

The parts of the gig where it's just John and the guitar are incredibly powerful, good as the newer stuff is.

Agree about when it was just John - one of my favourite parts of the night. Him and the rest of the goats are so talented and they look like they're having such a good time on stage. Hopefully they'll be back over again soon cause as you said, so many songs to hear!

I've only been to The Art School twice but I've really enjoyed it both times. Cracking wee venue.