Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Managed to get Father John Misty tickets this morning in the presale. Had to sell my ticket for his last gig at Tuts because Ryan Adams played the same night so I'm looking forward to finally getting to see him.

I got an email about this and was quite surprised to see he's playing the ABC, can't see that selling out tbh!

I've got Death Cab For Cutie on Monday then Eagles of Death Metal the following week.

EODM's new album is great so really looking forward to that one, seen them at the Garage many moons ago and it was 'fucking awesome', just pure unadulterated FUN.

PS I think the liner notes in Zipper Down have a first for me, I've checked out loads of album sleeves and read lots of thank yous but I don't think I've ever seen anything like -

"Boots Electric and Baby Duck both hate Timmy Farkus" :lol:

I've think I've just realised who this is, is he the wee ginga guy that was more famous for dating Gavin Rossdales daughter (Daisy Lowe) than for his 'music'?

Gallows were pretty overrrated shitey shoutey stuff, but each to their own and all that.

I don't know anything about his dating life, I know he has a wife and daughter now though. He's probably my favourite frontman, so much energy and passion for what he does. I was a fan of Gallows and Pure Love but Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes blow them both out the water in my opinion.

Seen Fightstar at the Liquid Rooms last night, great show as always. Wasn't keen on the supports but Charlie Simpson's voice always impresses me with the huge range and different styles he can pull off, very talented man.

Going to see Culann at the Ship Inn, Irvine tomorrow night. Cracking wee venue, upstairs in Irvine's oldest pub.

Read in the local paper last night that Neon Waltz are playing at the Harbour Arts Centre in December, stopping off on the way to their support slot for Noel Gallagher and Johnny Marr in Manchester the following night.

While online looking for tickets for this I also noticed that James Yorkston, Withered Hand and the Pictish Trail are also playing in the HAC in January. Will be popping in to get tickets for both these gigs on way to the Ship tomorrow.

There's a decent wee live music scene developing in irvine (and rest of Ayrshire to be fair) at the moment. Canadian band Fish & Bird are playing the HAC tonight so might even pop along to that if there are tickets left.

Busy few weeks coming up. Got the following lined up so far

Bombskare - 30 Oct

Waterboys -11 Nov

Every Time I Die - 12 Nov

Garbage - 14 Nov

Marilyn Manson - 22 Nov

Clutch - 23 Nov

Judas Priest - 24 Nov

Slayer/Anthrax - 25 Nov

Sikth - 5 Dec

Also, due to a bit of a f**k up on my part about the Slayer date, I've got a ticket for Bring Me The Horizon in Edinburgh on 25 Nov going spare. Happy to sell for cost price if anyone wants it.

Aw that and no tickets for Megadeth/LOG/Bodom? Shame on you.

While online looking for tickets for this I also noticed that James Yorkston, Withered Hand and the Pictish Trail are also playing in the HAC in January. Will be popping in to get tickets for both these gigs on way to the Ship tomorrow.

I saw him supporting King Creosote at the Kelvingrove Bandstand earlier this year and he had the highlight of the night for me.

It being in the west end there were quite a lot of middle class families attending with young kids and then this guy comes on and starts singing about putting "My dick inside her" and other little nuggets.

And he was actually quite good and has a really nice voice. Had a really strange talking accent though, not quite English and not quite Scottish

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Busy month of gigs coming up but really looking forward to the stuff I've got coming up this week. Death Cab For Cutie tomorrow who I've never seen live before and should be amazing, The Fratellis on Thursday whose new album is very, very good and a Ryan Adams tribute night in the Glad Cafe on Friday.

If anycunt is kicking about Byres Road on the 28th of November stop by The Record Factory to see my band Rivers Run Red play. Shameless pug and not a f**k is given 8)

My next one is Megadeth/LOG/Children of Bodom/Sylosis in 9 days. I am going to be in bits after that.