Gigs

pilsner_ffc

All Tvvins just announced a gig at King Tuts next month (25/11) and I'd highly recommend it, unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

If their performance on Sunday was anything to go by they'll blow the roof off the place.

I've checked out their singles it's a shame that their recorded stuff has nowhere near the weight of their live performance, there's much more emphasis on shredding.

How was he? Saw a good photo of him and his band taken by one of the guys from Neon Waltz who was there as a punter.

I honestly cannot wait to see him now - I just hope I can pace myself on the swally and don't go overboard with it as a result of overexcitement.

He was insane. His set was pretty much split 50/50 between his solo stuff and Smiths songs. Played Panic, Bigmouth Strikes Again, Still Ill, There is a Light That Never Goes Out, You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby and finished with How Soon is Now. He played a few songs that he hasn't recorded yet and some of the hits from Playland so aye you are in for a good show. Obviously his guitar playing was immaculate, and as mentioned above he is excellent with the fans. Really took time to speak to people who waited out for him, I got a photo with him n he signed the sleeve of my How Soon is Now single. Am still pretty buzzing that I saw him. Enjoy your gig bud.

Also, he did in fact perform Crash by The Primitives, with his son who supported him with his band 'Man Made' I couldn't believe it was his son tbh, looks like something from The Darkness and Man Made kinda suck but I won't hold that against Johnny.

Edited by Biscuitty Boyce

I'm going to see Mötley Crüe in Monte Carlo in a few weeks. Big fan and never got to see them before so looking forward to it. Disappointingly it's the only date on the tour that doesn't have Alice Cooper supporting, who I'm also a big fan of and have never seen. So that sucks. But still.

giphy.gif

Edited by Sliced Bread

Johnny Marr at the Grand Hall in Kilmarnock tonight. I'm not that big a fan of The Smiths but loved his solo stuff.

I'm neither a fan of The Smiths or his solo stuff, but my nephew loves him, so went along with him to the Carling, to see Johnny Marr.

Absolutely cracking gig.

Though you should do your best to get as close to the front as possible, as he is possibly the smallest guy in music!!!

Got a decent few days of gigs coming up. Editors and The Twilight Sad on Sunday which should be brilliant, then reviewing Gengahr on Monday, who I've not heard much of but should hopefully be decent. Tallest Man On Earth at the ABC on Tuesday and then Mild High Club at the Hug & Pint on Thursday.

A wee sit down on Friday will most likely be required.

Idlewild with the RSNO at Paisley Abbey tonight.

Also got the Songhoy Blues at SWG3 on Thursday.

Enjoy, I saw King Creosote & Roddy Hart there last year and I thought it was a great venue for an acoustic gig.

Make sure to put on your warm coat though, it's cauld! (or sneak in a hip flask, there's no booze :thumbsdown )

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Would have liked to go to Cast last night but work got in the way. The promoter told me it was a cracking night and he's taking them up to Inverness for an Ironworks show tonight, so I hope that goes well.

As for Johnny Marr - what a set! Great sound, very good crowd, and a top guy as well. That's my second time seeing him and I can't wait until the next time!

The Twilight Sad had a good support slot and people seemed to appreciate it, but Editors were fucking brilliant. The stuff from "The Back Room" sounded a bit out of place, but still really good, but everything from the other albums was on another level, probably with the exception of "Forgiveness" which I thought was a bit shit. Highlights were probably "No Harm", "Sugar", "The Racing Rats", "A Ton of Love", "Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors", "All the Kings", "Nothing", "Papillon" and "Marching Orders", and that last one didn't work as well as a closer as I thought it might. "Papillon" would have been perfect as a closer, especially with the extended outro. Some gig though.

The Twilight Sad had a good support slot and people seemed to appreciate it, but Editors were fucking brilliant. The stuff from "The Back Room" sounded a bit out of place, but still really good, but everything from the other albums was on another level, probably with the exception of "Forgiveness" which I thought was a bit shit. Highlights were probably "No Harm", "Sugar", "The Racing Rats", "A Ton of Love", "Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors", "All the Kings", "Nothing", "Papillon" and "Marching Orders", and that last one didn't work as well as a closer as I thought it might. "Papillon" would have been perfect as a closer, especially with the extended outro. Some gig though.

I agree about encore. They should have finished with Papillon. I'm not sure they should have had two new songs in encore.

Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors was exceptional. New songs sounded great too. Loved No Harm, Salvation, All the Kings and Ocean of the Night.

One of best live bands around.

Would have liked to go to Cast last night but work got in the way. The promoter told me it was a cracking night and he's taking them up to Inverness for an Ironworks show tonight, so I hope that goes well.

As for Johnny Marr - what a set! Great sound, very good crowd, and a top guy as well. That's my second time seeing him and I can't wait until the next time!

Seen Cast last night in Montrose, supported by Nick Mercer JR formerly of Sergeant, and The Lottery Winners who also supported Madness up here..... All 3 were absolutely smashing