Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Gonna go see Johnny Marr in Inverness on Tuesday. Hoping he plays The Smiths; although I do really like his solo stuff, Playland was excellent imo.

I'm going to see him at the Grand Hall in Killie on Thursday night. Saw him at the Glasgow Academy last October and he was amazingly good - his set's got a very good mix of his solo stuff, Smiths stuff and he even does Getting Away With It by Electronic. I know during this week he's been playing a cover of Crash by The Primitives, so there's every chance he'll be playing that too.

I genuinely cannot wait to see him - I love just about everything he's ever done.

I'm going to see him at the Grand Hall in Killie on Thursday night. Saw him at the Glasgow Academy last October and he was amazingly good - his set's got a very good mix of his solo stuff, Smiths stuff and he even does Getting Away With It by Electronic. I know during this week he's been playing a cover of Crash by The Primitives, so there's every chance he'll be playing that too.

I genuinely cannot wait to see him - I love just about everything he's ever done.

Thanks for the info man. Like you I'm absolutely buzzing to see him. Hope he's doing signings afterwards, the man is of legendary status.

Thanks for the info man. Like you I'm absolutely buzzing to see him. Hope he's doing signings afterwards, the man is of legendary status.

Met him outside after the Academy gig last year he must have spent a good half hour or so chatting to fans,signing stuff (1 guy must have got around half a dozen things signed) and posing for photos. It started raining and he even sent 1 of the security in for an umbrella so he could carry on. Genuinely nice guy who spent a good few minutes chatting to each fan before moving on.

Edited by pogo1910

Metric gig on Sunday night was brilliant, was just a teenie weenie bit pissed on Sunday night when I posted but I doubt if there is a better front woman in rock music than Emily Haines.

Felt like a loved up teenager afterwards, still do. :wub::wub:

Here's another picture just in case you missed the first one

11082317_726001024198699_290080448112120

Was very impressed by the support act too (apparently it was supposed to be Jess Glynne but unsurprisingly it wasn't), an Irish band called All Tvvins.

Made some pretty big noise for a 3 piece and the guitarist was entertaining and 'energetic'. Will be looking out for more of their stuff.

How was he? Saw a good photo of him and his band taken by one of the guys from Neon Waltz who was there as a punter.

I honestly cannot wait to see him now - I just hope I can pace myself on the swally and don't go overboard with it as a result of overexcitement.

Anyone got any idea what The Twilight Sad have been playing in their Editors slots?

Last night's show at the London Apollo:

Edited by Christophe