Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Seen The Twilight Sad last night courtesy of Smurph. New stuff sounded all right but the older stuff is still better live. Guitars are too low in the mix in the new stuff or maybe it was just because of a bad mix/poor sound.

First time I've met a P&Ber and he was a good lad.

Seen The Twilight Sad last night courtesy of Smurph. New stuff sounded all right but the older stuff is still better live. Guitars are too low in the mix in the new stuff or maybe it was just because of a bad mix/poor sound.

I agree, thought one or two of the new tunes sounded good live but others I felt didn't stand up against their older songs, which were, as always, excellent.

Saying that it's a different sound on the new album so maybe they'll evolve live the more they play.

I was also a bit disappointed they only played for an hour...they've 3 albums and an EP to choose from.

I love the Grand Ole Opry. I love how when things go quiet you can hear the ding of the bar till opening and an old dear asking for £2.40

First time I've met a P&Ber and he was a good lad.

:wub:

Aye, it was good to meet you too. Decent guy.

I was also a bit disappointed they only played for an hour...they've 3 albums and an EP to choose from.

I reckon the venue might have a curfew of 10:00 which is why they had to stop so early.

I went to see Alestorm tonight at the Garage. I don't really like their music, but I like pirates, so seeing a lot of people dressed up as pirates running about the place shouting "RUM!" was a pretty good experience.

Saw Two Door Cinema Club at the Academy on Wednesday, were very good. Metronomy were one of the support acts, and are utterly, utterly dreadful.

Seen the same line up in Manchester last night. Agree totally on both points.

First gig Ive been to in England, found it weird how they don't throw pints and stuff.

Only things I have tickets for are:

February - Shinedown (w/ Halestorm) @ Glasgow Academy

March - Black Stone Cherry & Steel Panther, both @ Glasgow Academy

May - Dara O'Briain @ Edinburgh Playhouse