Gigs

pilsner_ffc

How was Miles Kane last night?

Gutted I missed it but by the time folk got through it was too late. As I said in The Kasabian thread, they were epic. Tom Meighan is a cool fucker, I probably would.

How was Miles Kane last night?

Gutted I missed it but by the time folk got through it was too late. As I said in The Kasabian thread, they were epic. Tom Meighan is a cool fucker, I probably would.

Miles was excellent as usual, really good support. Serge came on and danced/sang 'Inhaler' with him.

Kasabian were brilliant in Aberdeen on Monday night as well, Miles Kane was excellent support, but Kasabian are just another level altogether, LSF, Switchblade Smiles, Vlad the Impaler and Fire is an unbelievable way to close a gig, the entire arena was bouncing. Was pretty much "The Doberman" away from being a perfect set-list for me, but that minor grumble aside it was a very very good gig.

The Saw Doctors on Friday, Kassidy on Saturday, both at the Barras. Looking forward to seeing The Imagineers who are supporting Kassidy, heard a lot of good things about them.

I've seen The Imagineers a few times now: they're quite good. There's a fairly obvious Spanish element to their music that you'll notice. They're playing Cafe Continental in Gourock next week that I'll head down to, and have tickets for them at Oran Mor on Boxing Day.

19th - The View

20th - Friendly Fires

22nd and 26th - The Imagineers

OFWGKTA

I've been asked to go see them next year and I'm quite tempted judging by the reaction of people that saw them play T in July.

The Vaccine and Miles Kane are both playing shows in Dundee next year so I'll probably attend them.

Malcolm Middleton was excellent last night. I was disappointed that he never played "Cold Winter" but his set-list was great. Human Don't Be Angry, his alias, was all right but a lot more experimental and instrumental than his normal stuff. He was quite funny too, making fun of his songs and "the moany c**t in the dressing room" when he was playing his HDBA songs.

Aidan Moffat and Bill Wells on Tuesday at The Arches which should be great too.

Edited by Smurph

I've been asked to go see them next year and I'm quite tempted judging by the reaction of people that saw them play T in July.

The Vaccine and Miles Kane are both playing shows in Dundee next year so I'll probably attend them.

They were brilliant at T. They're really good. Not your usual hip-hop act but they put on a gig.

We Were Promised Jetpacks were fucking amazing...again. Only downside was that they only played for about 70 minutes.

Agreed. Thought it was a very short set but they played all the hits. The songs from the newer album sound great live and they'll be even better when the crowd ken's the words. I was down at the wee 'lively' bit at the front and the atmosphere was great :)

We Were Promised Jetpacks were fucking amazing...again. Only downside was that they only played for about 70 minutes.

I thought it was great. I don't actually mind shorter sets and they absolutely battered through it. It was the first time I'd seen them and that wee guy can fair sing. Brilliant stuff.

I've now got Mogwai next week and Explosions in the Sky in the new year. Both at the Barras which pleases me greatly.