Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Seen the Pigeon Detectives the other night at ABC.

Old stuff - cracking as ever. However, the new songs they played, with the exception of 'She Wants Me', were pretty crap. :(

The crowd was fcking dead as well, apart from some attempts at a mosh pit ... yes, a mosh pit at a Pigeon Detectives gig. :blink:

I love watching Matt Bowman though, he's brilliant. :)

The prices for drink in there are shocking! My mate asked for a double vodka and coke, and when he was told it was costing him £6.60 told the guy to keep it! No doubt poured it out as it's no fecking cost to them for one drink so to charge £6.60 is fcking daylight robbery.

Edited by garymcc1874

Went to a van der graph generator gig last week. It was awsome. There was an incredable amount of old, fat guys with beards and long hair there. People that you never see on the streets

Also there was this small chubby man, slightly balding and with long hair in front of me who was dancing manically and he was very amusing

I concur entirely, they were fantastic and Garvey knew how to work the crowd.

The only downside was i was stuck next to a few p***ks that just came to hear the "Peter Kay song" dry.gif

Peter Kay song?blink.gif

You always get p***ks like that at gigs though. People at a Feeder gig started singing Just a Day about halfway through the set. Let them get the f**k on with it.

An example of one of these twats at an Elbow gig - and the response from the crowd says it all. They deal with it really well though biggrin.gif

There's a festival type thing coming to Glasgow called the Stag and Dagger. Yuck are playing, so I should be getting a ticket for the whole thing. Sounds quite good.

Kind of surprised to see Yuck "making it", saw them supporting Teenage Fanclub in December and they really didn't do it for me.

Saw an Australian band called Cloud Control at King Tuts on Monday - there were about 40 people left there, many having left after the 2nd support act (was a woman can't remember her name - a bit dull). Their loss. It was good.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Flobots today at the ABC 2. They were supported by The LaFontaines who I was really impressed by.

Flobots were really good and worked well with the crowd. I have never seen a band use quite as much of the stage as they did. It's not the biggest, but they used all of it. Quite glad I went.

Paul Rodgers at the Clyde Auditorium tomorrow night.

Should be fantastic.

Got a ticket for this after a late call off. Saw him with Bad Company last year and it was great. Not as exciting as it was when he sang with "Queen" though. Going to see Brian May in three weeks with Kerry Ellis at the Concert Hall, which should make up for it. :P

Tuesday 12 June, 2012 - Dublin, O2 - 0818 719300 | www.ticketmaster.ie

Wednesday 13 June 2012 - Belfast Odyssey Arena - 028 9073 9074/084427774455 | www.ticketmaster.ie

Wednesday 20 June 2012 - Glasgow SECC - 0844 4999 990 | www.gigsinscotland.com

blink-182 tour dates; presumably because they cancelled their TITP appearance and the new album on the way.

I NEED A JOB!

Going to see Big Country in Edinburgh on Thursday night.

Looking forward to it, but not at the same time. My favourite band ever, but I know it's just not going to be the same without Stuart. That said, Mike Peters is about the only person who can even remotely carry it off to an acceptable level, so it should hopefully be a good night.

Going to see Big Country in Edinburgh on Thursday night.

Looking forward to it, but not at the same time. My favourite band ever, but I know it's just not going to be the same without Stuart. That said, Mike Peters is about the only person who can even remotely carry it off to an acceptable level, so it should hopefully be a good night.

I saw them in Glasgow on Hogmany and thought there were fantastic. Although Mikey is totally different to Stuart, he brings the songs to life and a wonderful way. Considering he was also good mates with BC already I don't think there was anyone else who could do the job.

Fucking dick, read the first five words and got so excited(cause I thought they were playing here) only to be disappointed, fucking Germans...

Go to Munchen then, it's not very far...