Gigs

pilsner_ffc

If you mean in general as opposed to just the Europe gig then you are talking right out of your arse.

I paid £20 to see Europe. I'd have been happy if they just started at 9 (they finished dead on 10 o'clock) - played Carrie, Rock the Night then finished off with The Final Countdown and buggered off without playing all their "new" stuff!

If I want to listen to random jobbers who could either be barely passable or utterly, utterly shite (I give you Logan, Slaves to Gravity and Hotleg - out of the crap I can remember that have supported Alter Bridge in Glasgow), I'd go to a Battle of the Bands type show in the Arches or ABC2.

Support acts are fine if they are real bands (i.e. Black Stone Cherry supporting Alter Bridge, Kid Rock supporting Lynyrd Skynyrd, Motorhead supporting Alice Cooper, or Foreigner and Styx supporting Journey) but not nobodies who will never make it.

For the record, I have NEVER seen a good no-name support act at a rock concert, EVER!

I paid £20 to see Europe. I'd have been happy if they just started at 9 (they finished dead on 10 o'clock) - played Carrie, Rock the Night then finished off with The Final Countdown and buggered off without playing all their "new" stuff!

If I want to listen to random jobbers who could either be barely passable or utterly, utterly shite (I give you Logan, Slaves to Gravity and Hotleg - out of the crap I can remember that have supported Alter Bridge in Glasgow), I'd go to a Battle of the Bands type show in the Arches or ABC2.

Support acts are fine if they are real bands (i.e. Black Stone Cherry supporting Alter Bridge, Kid Rock supporting Lynyrd Skynyrd, Motorhead supporting Alice Cooper, or Foreigner and Styx supporting Journey) but not nobodies who will never make it.

For the record, I have NEVER seen a good no-name support act at a rock concert, EVER!

We Are The Ocean were before Zebrahead who were before Less Than Jake in August, pretty decent.

Cracking band called Romance supported the Cult at the Academy the other week. Had never heard of them before but they were very good and I would go and see them if they did any shows of their own up here.

I seen MCR on Tuesday (I think), and they were quality again, I've actually grown to like them these past few months.

8/10

"f**k the Daily Mail" any band who the Daily Mail hate are good in my books.

Why do the Daily Mail hate them?

And aye, it was Tuesday. Incidentally, what did you make of The Blackout?

Why do the Daily Mail hate them?

And aye, it was Tuesday. Incidentally, what did you make of The Blackout?

Cause the Daily Mail accused the Black Parade of being a reason some teenager killed herself, NME and the Sun also said this.

When in fact Gerard is very much against that, and hates the 'Emo' brand.

I hate them, a lot. I saw them support Story of the Year a couple of years back and thought they were terrible then, and I still think it.

Lost Alone were better.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Reel Big Fish were amazing tonight. Not sure how I rate it compared to Less Than Jake though. The crowd were electric but I know and prefer more of LTJ's material. If only they'd played the ABC or Academy instead of the Picture House.

Suburban Myth were good, lots of dancing and their material was ok, nothing special but for a support band were lots of fun.

Set list was good.

Played Sellout, Beer, Monkey Man, SR, She has a girlfriend now, trendy and join the club.

Had to leave during Trendy cause of trains and they played Take On Me last in Newcastle, anyone there, did they play that? Gutted if I missed it.

Reel Big Fish were amazing tonight. Not sure how I rate it compared to Less Than Jake though. The crowd were electric but I know and prefer more of LTJ's material. If only they'd played the ABC or Academy instead of the Picture House.

Suburban Myth were good, lots of dancing and their material was ok, nothing special but for a support band were lots of fun.

Set list was good.

Played Sellout, Beer, Monkey Man, SR, She has a girlfriend now, trendy and join the club.

Had to leave during Trendy cause of trains and they played Take On Me last in Newcastle, anyone there, did they play that? Gutted if I missed it.

Yeah they played it last. Near blew the roof off the place.