Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Stranglers were f*cking awesome last night, have to say.

The crowd went wild as their septuagenarian drummer stepped cautiously up to his drumkit on the podium biggrin.gif

Pleasantly surprised by the amount of big old tunes played - I'd never seen Nice'n'Sleazy or No More Heroes live before, and I've seen the band countless times!

Best bit was the wrestling match between 2 middle aged men, over Baz's sweaty towel that he threw into the crowd at the end. Comedy gold.

..en brown! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

sorry I just had to do it.

My mates going to see them tonight, for the second time. He's sitting again though. :lol:

The same mate got a tattoo today for his 18th today. It's "Just Enough Education To Perform" on his arm. It's actually pretty cool.

My mates going to see them tonight, for the second time. He's sitting again though. :lol:

The same mate got a tattoo today for his 18th today. It's "Just Enough Education To Perform" on his arm. It's actually pretty cool.

What a fucking moronic cunt.

He can now be classed as on a par with Wayne Rooney intelligence wise.

The 'phonics gig was OK. Good mix of old and new stuff, but the sound system was particularly bad, even for the SECC. Tinny as f**k

sad.gif SECC is just the worst isn't it......i'm glad most of the bands i go to see don't play in there., although the sound for Metallica last year was pretty sweet i thought.....well for Metallica anyway....the sound for the support band 'The Sword' was awful.

I seen the phonics at V festival in '08 - thought they were excellent! I was there for Muse right enough, didn't realise how many phonics songs i actually knew!

The Haze/Complete Stone Roses the morn and then The Skids on Friday.

Ahoy Ahoy!

sad.gif SECC is just the worst isn't it......i'm glad most of the bands i go to see don't play in there., although the sound for Metallica last year was pretty sweet i thought.....well for Metallica anyway....the sound for the support band 'The Sword' was awful.

I seen the phonics at V festival in '08 - thought they were excellent! I was there for Muse right enough, didn't realise how many phonics songs i actually knew!

Didn't arrive in time for the Sword and only heard their last song. Hadn't heard much of Machinehead but I thought they were absolutely brutal supporting Metallica. Still managed the second row.

Ahoy Ahoy!

Didn't arrive in time for the Sword and only heard their last song. Hadn't heard much of Machinehead but I thought they were absolutely brutal supporting Metallica. Still managed the second row.

Yeah i'm not a big machinehead fan myself......only 'kind' of like a handful of songs......Metallica rarely has good support

Ahoy Ahoy!

Yeah i'm not a big machinehead fan myself......only 'kind' of like a handful of songs......Metallica rarely has good support

I absolutely love Machine Head and think they're fantastic live, but at Metallica it was dire. The SECC's bad enough for sound and being in the round made it ten times worse.

What a fucking moronic c**t.

He can now be classed as on a par with Wayne Rooney intelligence wise.

:lol:

Bit unfair.

I might be going to see Rolo Tomassi at the Glasgow Stereo, only if it's not 18+, and I can be bothered going.