Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Steve Earle tomorrow night.

I saw Steve Earle live at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. I was expecting a great show as he's one of my favourite artists and was touring a new album (last year). Instead we got him rhyming off the exact same shit (he would call it "stage banter", I would call it neo-political shite) word-for-word that he's been spouting for several years now. If you want to know his exact spiel buy (or even better, don't) the DVD "Just An American Boy" as he just repeats verbatim his stage rants from that even though that DVD was filmed 5 years earlier. It's like watching Bill Hicks, one routine, toured to death for 5 years and hope that no-one notices. By the end of the concert I half expected Steve Earle to do the "sucking Satan's cock" bit from every Bill Hicks show in history.

Rant over.

On a lighter note, I'm going to see The Complete Stone Roses today at the O2 Academy in Glasgow.

Would have given anythin to go, went last year and it was unbelievable, Hows big Shane doin these days?

He was on top form

I'd heard alot of folk saying he couldnt speached and just slurred his way through every song but every song wasn't far from the studio version :D

Went to see Simple Minds at SECC last night as alomost 20 years since I last saw them.

They were average at best and although playing in their "home" town,Jim Kerr's banter and rappore with the crowd was non-existent.

He came out wearing shades ,which lasted about one minute after someone in the crowd shouted that he looked like a cnut !!

They had sound problems throughout and went off stage for about 30 minutes,finally returning without any apology.

Truly one of the worst gigs I've ever been at