Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I got a ticket for the Bad Company gig. Anyone who hasn't got one yet is out of luck, as they are sold out.

I might be going too, waiting on my dad deciding: "It depends if I've forgiven Rodgers for joining Queen." :lol:

He didn't join Queen though. Queen were Brian May and Roger Taylor PLUS Paul Rodgers. :P

Edited by IainMorton

What a fucking voice he has. It's like David Gray but with a really, really fucking annoying twang. I see he's one of those guys that have "soul" in their voice, you know, the fancy way of saying "cannae really hit the notes".

I remember watching this video ages ago and while I liked how he put his own twist to the song, I really cannot understand how he's become so popular. Maybe I'll need to listen to his own stuff and give him a proper listen though.

Arctic Monkeys were excellent tonight, despite the gig being stopped about 4 times in the first half hour!

I'd heard beforehand the SECC was crap for gigs but it wasn't bad at all.

Did get really annoying, half way through a solo security would stop to shine lights on trouble makers - at least i think thats what was going on?

Quality gig though, particularly enjoyed the songs off Whatever People Say I Am Thats What Im Not. Disappointed that there was no Certain Romance.

Also didn't understand the booing of the Eagles of Death Metal, thought they were a crackin warm up.

Was right in the middle and it was boiling in there.

Good, enjoyable show though.

Why'd it keep getting stopped?

I hate the SECC.

Just down to too much pushing down at the front i think, perfomance was stopped on a few ocassions to shine lights at the trouble makers, no ejections i dont think.

Excellent performance despite the piss poor sound system at the SECC. However was a little disspointed with the absence of a few songs, Fake Tales of San Francisco, Old Yellow Bricks, Dancing Shoes & A Certain Romance to name a few.

What a fucking voice he has. It's like David Gray but with a really, really fucking annoying twang. I see he's one of those guys that have "soul" in their voice, you know, the fancy way of saying "cannae really hit the notes".

I remember watching this video ages ago and while I liked how he put his own twist to the song, I really cannot understand how he's become so popular. Maybe I'll need to listen to his own stuff and give him a proper listen though.

Toma, we agree too much.

I see him ABC a few months back, and while it was quite nice to see some so humble to play infront of a large audience, I thought his music was nothing out the ordinary. Infact, I was puzzled by how many people were going mad.

Also didn't understand the booing of the Eagles of Death Metal, thought they were a crackin warm up.

I would have taken to pint throwing over the ingrateful wee c***s. Wearing Lacoste no doubt and just there for 'Fake Tales of San Francisco' and the like.

Edited by badger_whacker