Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I'm not much of a fan of Franz Ferdinand but their encore last night was brilliant. During the first half of the set I wasn't that bothered for them but Tell Her Tonight and This Fire were reminders of what they could've been. The encore though had a couple of great surprises (for me at least), an LCD Soundsystem cover which apparently was the first time they've played it live (I suspect most of the crowd left thinking it was a new FF song), and a tremendously ravey gravy finish. If only they didn't come across as such cocks.

I was there as well, they were pretty darn good overall and when I left I had a sweaty-as-f**k arse, what a bounce :D:lol:

I did a training course at work that allows me serve alcoholic drinks at sampling events before gigs.

I don't get paid for it but I do get a free ticket for the gig.

So I'm going to....

Kasabian

Muse

Depeche Mode

Decided not to bother with...

Proclaimers

Status Quo

Snow Patrol

Spandau Ballet.

I did a training course at work that allows me serve alcoholic drinks at sampling events before gigs.

I don't get paid for it but I do get a free ticket for the gig.

Decided not to bother with...

Snow Patrol

Spandau Ballet.

You could have given someone else the ticket though. <_<

I just found out Enter Shikari are playing the barras on the 7th February next year. I suppose it'll make up for the fact I can't see them this weekend.

They were good, and I think the Barrowlands is a better venue, so it could make for a better gig than tonights.

Too many screaming girls/scene kids/utter cunts that really shouldn't be going to see them live. They were there simply for the rave thing they have going on.

Green Day on Mon Day! :D

I was there as well, they were pretty darn good overall and when I left I had a sweaty-as-f**k arse, what a bounce :D:lol:

Didn't bother going to the Ironworks to see them. They were good at the Raigmore a couple of years ago. Now THAT was a sweaty gig.

Going to see Edwyn Collins in Inverness on Monday night. Looking forward to some Orange Juice material.

Too many screaming girls/scene kids/utter c***s that really shouldn't be going to see them live. They were there simply for the rave thing they have going on.

Green Day on Mon Day! :D

That's exactly why I'm a bit hesitant to go see them, there will be far too many idiots there. Still, the good thing is I could just go into the pit and destroy them!

Didn't bother going to the Ironworks to see them. They were good at the Raigmore a couple of years ago. Now THAT was a sweaty gig.

Going to see Edwyn Collins in Inverness on Monday night. Looking forward to some Orange Juice material.

I'd say it was a much better gig at the Ironworks, but then am no keen on the Raigmore and glad the shithole is more or less behind us now.

Going to give Edwyn Collins and the 1990s a miss due to this weekend's financial exploits but I believe I've been encouraged to go to the Halloween gig with Shutter. Just need to work out a costume, I haven't guised for about 20 years. Duffel coat and a light saber, sorted.

they were superb up in aberdeen aswell,wish i got tickets for the embra gig aswell

Mate was in A/deen on Thursday as well as Fatties and he said you couldn't compare the two gigs, with Dundee coming well out on top!

He may be biased though, as he frequents the Derry.

Bowling For Soup were excellent last night. Saw a guy in a Partick Thistle shirt getting thrown out for excessive crowd surfing... anyone on here? :P

All American Rejects tonight and Green Day tomorrow! :D

How fucking epic were they?!

Did you see Tyson talking to the girl that had fainted :lol:

"Honey, are you OKAY?!"

"We don't want you to die" :lol:

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Watched idlewild last night, amazing. They even played some songs off the Captain EP! A good mix of idlewild from the past 10 years. The current album I had not been keen on but after last nights performance it instantly grew on me.

No idea how many times I have seen idlewild live but last night was amongst one of the best idlewild performances I have seen, which I never thought I would say again as they have mellowed far to much over the years. Icing on the cake was them playing Idea Track, my all time favourite song!

Was looking to watch them in Aberdeen on 6th of November and watch Aberdeen at home on the saturday but the gig has sold out :(

Was looking to watch them in Aberdeen on 6th of November and watch Aberdeen at home on the saturday but the gig has sold out :(

its at a place called the waterfront,just off of union street,if your up that way it would be worth going along as most of the pubs etc are around there as are the kebab shops ;)