Gigs

pilsner_ffc

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, Logan were pretty shit but were a damn sight better than Hotleg who were CRAPPED ON pretty badly! Hawkins really should just give up, although at least he made the most of it. "Okay everybody boo and shout 'you're shit', then at least you'll be participating" :lol:

Alter Bridge were decent, but I felt Myles was just going through the motions and was nowhere as much into the show as in January.

He also seems to have transformed into Russell Brand in the ten months since he last played in Glasgow.

At least instead of playing Metalingus overly fast like last time, they just did the WWE entrance music for Edge, without bothering with the verses. AB must be due a Wrestlemania soon, as Lemmy is just shit now!!!

Saw Sabaton at Ivory Blacks on Tuesday, great show. Great to have a small venue packed out, and I was able to have a chat with their bassist after the gig which was nice. The support band, Grailknights, were also excellent and very funny, two bands I'd definitely like to see again and recommend to any metal fans.

No more gigs for a while now, Municipal Waste at Barfly on 7th of December next.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed two gigs tonight (Inverness, you're becoming such a tease).

Really enjoyed the support band for Cage The Elephant, called Autovaughn. Their long rambling slighlty funk/rocky jammy sound might remind folk of The Music (well that's what it did to me) but they're much better than that pish, honestly.

If you've heard Cage The Elephant recorded you kindof get the same live, a lively up for it performance, you'll leave smiling.

Then we got back into town in time for The Hussy's. Was hoping their recent jaunts to Mad Hatters had helped develop a growing fanbase in the Sneck but it seemed like the usual folk there. I think the hussy's are fantastic, not as good as the last time they played here but how anybody could deny their feet to move to the likes of Everybody Loves Rachel, Roller Disco or Napoleon Dynamite is beyond me. It's kitsch, it's pop, and it makes me point my fingers.