Gigs

pilsner_ffc

We will also be attending.
Ditto.....Will be there once I pick up the problem chimp.....

Enjoyed that tonight- with such a back catalogue there'll always be minor quibbles over the perfect setlist; off the new album I was surprised not to hear Totnes Bickering Fair as it sounded like a real crowd singalong one. I probably preferred the gig in 2006 as they layed more of my own favourites but still very very good.

Personal highlight was Used To Be In Evil Gazebo, although Dukla Prague Away Kit was a welcome surprise.

Enjoyed that tonight- with such a back catalogue there'll always be minor quibbles over the perfect setlist; off the new album I was surprised not to hear Totnes Bickering Fair as it sounded like a real crowd singalong one. I probably preferred the gig in 2006 as they layed more of my own favourites but still very very good.

Personal highlight was Used To Be In Evil Gazebo, although Dukla Prague Away Kit was a welcome surprise.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Brilliant stuff. Even the wife was impressed. Nigel was on top form. Liked the quip about Harthill services.

First time I've managed to see them so I cant compare to other gigs. Good to hear some old favourites along with the newer stuff. Slightly disappointed there was no Paintball's Coming Home but you cant have them play every song. As you say big back catalogue so you're always going to miss a few personal favourites. However no complaints from us tonight.

Frightened Rabbit tomorrow, good one.

:D

They're playing somewhere in Hoxton tonight, might take a wander along after work if there are tickets available on the door...

Wasn't it just?

I got the impression last night that they could be on the verge of big things. The crowd's reaction was as positive as I've experienced for a long time.

Managed to get the wrrong train home too. Fortunately, it was a Cathcart Circle going the "wrong" way.

1 too many pints of Kronenbourg methinks. :ph34r:

:thumsup2

Oh, and - eejit!

Killing Joke at the ABC on Thursday night.

Have seen them many times before but it's the first time since 1982 that the original lineup have toured.

They were excellent although not the best I've ever seen them.

Was great to hear so many oldies for the 1st time like "Are You Receiving", "Turn to Red", "Bloodsport" and others like "The Pandys are Coming", "Psyche", "Wardance"

They played 21 songs, on stage for 90 minutes, great stuff.

I got the impression last night that they could be on the verge of big things. The crowd's reaction was as positive as I've experienced for a long time.

Apart from the crowd at the bar who weren't watching and wouldn't shut up for the acoustic song <_<

Apart from that, excellent, and no I can't see 'Keep Yourself Warm' getting much radio play...

I saw them at Moshulu a few weeks back. Pretty good but thought We Were Promised Jetpacks who were supporting them were even better.

We Were Promised Jetpacks had good music, but shit lyrics.

Anyway, a random day today, saw my mates band at George Square and immediately after them out comes COOLIO! Incredibly and awesomely good.

Then up to see the Streets, what a gig. Crowd was electric and Skinner is just brilliant at milking the crowd.

Then up to see the Streets, what a gig. Crowd was electric and Skinner is just brilliant at milking the crowd.

Brilliant eh, they did a small cover of Daddy's Gone by Glasvegas after Never Went To Church - Skinner himself was in tears I think. Absolutely amazing.

He also crowd surfed which was a bit mental.

Just back from The Aliens at The Doghouse in Dundee. First date of their tour promoting an excellent second album. If you haven't already, you should check them out. Fantastic gig tonight. A very talented Scottish band, and a reincarnation of sorts of the wondrous Beta Band.