Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Nah, it's becoming something of a tradition for the Raigmore now. Happened just before the Pigeon Detectives and a mate says it also happened at another gig he was at before them (he didn't tell me who, I'm just trying to work it out today. He must have been at Scouting For Girls or The Hoosiers. The poof.) . I think it's ploy to get you out in the fresh so you get a head on and then go back in and buy too much drink. It certainly works on me and I commend them for it.

Thought they were great actually. Loving the Spector/Mary Chain sound. Great reaction from folk who hadn't heard Go Square Go before. A lassie was telling me she thought they were better at the Ironworks though, but then it's a much better venue anyway. Still gutted they were on early that night and managed to miss them.

Thanks for that FilthyMack, I had a bet on with my mate who suggested the fire alarm was a stunt. I said nay and i'm using your evidence to back me up.

I've enjoyed Glasvegas both times I've seen them. I chatted to the singer the time they played the Ironworks and he seemed a nice guy.

Thanks for that FilthyMack, I had a bet on with my mate who suggested the fire alarm was a stunt. I said nay and i'm using your evidence to back me up.

I've enjoyed Glasvegas both times I've seen them. I chatted to the singer the time they played the Ironworks and he seemed a nice guy.

:lol: No probs. Your 10p is safe.

I chatted to the big fella at the Ironworks and he also seemed sound. Can't say I made much of the band on just before them last night TBH.

I thought they were shite. Although even if they were any good they were too quiet to hear properly.

Songs that went nowhere. It was the classic scenario of a band finishing a song to the noise of a room full of chatter, singer says "thank you" 5 seconds later and gets some faint applause from a few folk at the front. :lol:

Did you see the singer outside though? He was dressed exactly like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. :lol:

Songs that went nowhere. It was the classic scenario of a band finishing a song to the noise of a room full of chatter, singer says "thank you" 5 seconds later and gets some faint applause from a few folk at the front. :lol:

Did you see the singer outside though? He was dressed exactly like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. :lol:

Nah didn't see him. Seemed a bit too fat to pull of the Shaggy look. :)

Nah didn't see him. Seemed a bit too fat to pull of the Shaggy look. :)

And bald.

Hope the poor guy doesn't read P&B. In a nutshell:Your band's shite, you're fat, and you're bald.

Edited for apohling gramer.

Edited by FilthyMack

And he was the worlds laziest left winger when he played for us.

Sorry, we were referring to the support band. I can't imagine this guy getting a game for you's... Well... ;)

Saturday is a busy day for me, Paul Weller at 3pm in Camden, Guillemots at 6pm in Islington, then Feeder at 9pm at the ULU. All part of the XFM all day breakfast.

Really looking forward to the modfather, haven't heard much of the Guillemots (only 2 songs in fact) and i'm not much into Feeder, but i'll be that drunk by then it wont matter.

Glasvegas were LOUD last night but good tunes with it. The band on 2nd were too bloody quiet as you could hear the chattering of the crowd above the music.

As for the fire alarm going off, seem familiar? No matter as it benefitted us in that we got back in among the first and right up to the front. Result.

I'd go along with that. I arrived just before the 2nd support finished. It seems that was a blessing in disguise !

Go Square Go though, what a tune ! :D

Going to see Bon Jovi at Hampden on Saturday and then Stone Gods at King Tuts on Monday.

Other gigs this year are Queen + Paul Rodgers at the SECC and the o2 Arena in London (October 11th and 13th), and the Unholy Alliance featuring Slayer and Trivium at the SECC on November 3rd.

Going to see Bon Jovi at Hampden on Saturday and then Stone Gods at King Tuts on Monday.

Other gigs this year are Queen + Paul Rodgers at the SECC and the o2 Arena in London (October 11th and 13th), and the Unholy Alliance featuring Slayer and Trivium at the SECC on November 3rd.

My dads going to that <_< . Im hopfully going to see Pendulum in September in Edinburgh or December in Glasgow :P