Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Only thing planned for this year is the Proclaimers at the Barrowlands on 23rd December.

Other than that it's Radiohead and My Bloody Valentine, but that's not til June and July next year! Will need to find some gigs before that!

We Are Scientists tonight at the Ironworks. I've downloaded the album and i'm not overly fussed by it. Still, i have tomorrow off work and i'm gonna take advantage of it.

Thought they were quite good tonight. Most of the new songs went down well too.RIG was disappointed that they didn't play Textbook though, he was almost in tears ! :lol:

Thought they were quite good tonight. Most of the new songs went down well too.RIG was disappointed that they didn't play Textbook though, he was almost in tears ! :lol:
Poor RiG. Thought they were alright.

Have to say I really enjoyed the gig. A band better appreciated live I think. The Little Ones were ok and I really, really like Frightened Rabbit. Their album's pretty lo-fi (which I like) but again they come into their own when seen live. One of the best night's out I've had for a long time overall. I'm actually more sober than I was when I woke up too.

Liked some of the new ones they played but was hoping for them to play Textbook as TWS says. Sadly no brilliant rounding off song like their last tour they did :lol:

Teenage Fanclub at the Old Fruitmarket on January 26th. I've never been to this venue before, but it's supposed to be good.

Just ordered my tickets. Strangely the only time i've been there was to a (posh) wedding a couple of months ago.

Have to say I really enjoyed the gig. A band better appreciated live I think. The Little Ones were ok and I really, really like Frightened Rabbit. Their album's pretty lo-fi (which I like) but again they come into their own when seen live. One of the best night's out I've had for a long time overall. I'm actually more sober than I was when I woke up too.

I missed Frightened Rabbit. I thought The Little Ones were not bad at all though. It was a decent gig overall though. I had a decent night too for a Sunday. There doesnt appear to be much on at the Ironworks in the near future.

Definitely looking forward to Bombskare on Saturday night at Mad Hatters. Tremendous ska outfit.

PARTY at THE PATH in KIRKCALDY on saturday DECEMBER 29th in the first of what is hoped will be many with some up and coming local bands and solo acts.The doors open at 7pm and its £5 at the door where everyone coming in will receive £2`s worth of raffle tkts for a festive raffle draw.

7pm - doors open

7.30pm - charles wood

8.30pm - festive raffle draw

9pm - echosounds

10.30pm - charles wood

11.45pm - end of gig

These are local acts so come along have a few jars and listen to some brilliant music :):)

AND P.S FESTIVE RAFFLE DRAW AND END OF GIG ARE NOT AND I REPEAT ARE NOT !! BANDS :lol::lol: IN CASE THE INTERNET JOKERS START THEIR CAPERS

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

Going to see Led Zep tomorrow night at the O2 in London. Cannae wait! Paid a grand each for 2 tickets off of Ebay but it's a once in a lifetime experience. With flights and hotels etc it's going to put me out about 2 and a half grand but it will be definitely worth it. Off now to the NME website to see if there's any news on what they might play tomorrow night. B)

I missed Frightened Rabbit. I thought The Little Ones were not bad at all though. It was a decent gig overall though. I had a decent night too for a Sunday. There doesnt appear to be much on at the Ironworks in the near future.

Definitely looking forward to Bombskare on Saturday night at Mad Hatters. Tremendous ska outfit.

So much for the Indie Club! Everyone fucked off and a handful of us tried to get the party started and burn up the dance floor. We then had to take it to Cactus Jak's as the Ironworks shut up early. Lot's of cheesey music and cheap drink though. :ph34r:

Am planning The Ads in Hatters on Thursday. Although I don't know what the deal is, whether there's tickets available or it's pay at the door or what.

So much for the Indie Club! Everyone fucked off and a handful of us tried to get the party started and burn up the dance floor. We then had to take it to Cactus Jak's as the Ironworks shut up early. Lot's of cheesey music and cheap drink though. :ph34r:

Am planning The Ads in Hatters on Thursday. Although I don't know what the deal is, whether there's tickets available or it's pay at the door or what.

Yeah i was determined to stay for the indie club (which was appallingly advertised as usual) but when everybody left we just went off to find some late night grub (mission accomplished).

The Ads? I'll look them up.

Edited to say its my work christmas party on Thursday so won't be going to see The Ads.

Edited by RayBees

12/12/07

Bloc Party, The Cribs and Foals

Bloc Party - Excellent

The Cribs - Was at the bar but they sounded ok.

Foals - Pish.

Only went for Bloc Party so was a good night only let down was that it was £4 for a small bottle of smirnoff ice.

12/12/07

Bloc Party - Excellent

Foals - Pish.

Only went for Bloc Party so was a good night only let down was that it was £4 for a small bottle of smirnoff ice.

where was that? no way would i have paid those prices!!

12/12/07

Bloc Party - Excellent

Foals - Pish.

I was meant to be going to that but ticketmaster guffed up my order!

Serves you right for drinking that poison!

where was that? no way would i have paid those prices!!

Sorry forgot to put in the venuesorry, it was the SECC and a pint wasn't much better £3.75 I'm sure.

Edited by Accies1