Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Sufjan Stevens just put on an amazing gig in Edinburgh tonight, made a great album even better. Put a lot more instrumentation into the songs, other half said it went a bit Depeche mode at times which is quite a departure from an album without drums. Light show was superb too.

I've always had the impression his live shows would be a bit self-indulgent and dreary. A bit like Fleet Foxes. I'm assuming it was a bit more uptempo than that?

I've always had the impression his live shows would be a bit self-indulgent and dreary. A bit like Fleet Foxes. I'm assuming it was a bit more uptempo than that?

Well I've seen Fleet Foxes and enjoyed them so maybe not the best judge.

The way he played most of the songs from Carrie & Lowell was verging on prog-rock, started them really stripped back like the album versions then added layers.

I got that 'eccie' rush on quite a few occasions, stirring stuff.

Its the first gig I've been to at the playhouse and I've got to say the acoustics were fantastic, the wall of sound created by the synths was bone rattling at times.

Foos tomorrow. I have no idea how im getting to Murrayfield or back yet. Is there any reasonable chance of getting parked anywhere, probably on the outskirts, and getting a bus or something?

Foos tomorrow. I have no idea how im getting to Murrayfield or back yet. Is there any reasonable chance of getting parked anywhere, probably on the outskirts, and getting a bus or something?

JustPark is quite reasonable. I used it for AC/DC - 18 hours parking 1/2 mile from Hampden - £5.30.

Might be worth a try?

We are taking our boy and are just going to have to take pot luck with parking.....see what we can find.

JustPark is quite reasonable. I used it for AC/DC - 18 hours parking 1/2 mile from Hampden - £5.30.

Might be worth a try?

Yeah had a look at that, mostly parking in other peoples drives, which I'm not convinced with.

We are taking our boy and are just going to have to take pot luck with parking.....see what we can find.

Yeah, im edging towards the Ingliston Park and Ride. Open 4am til 2am and seemingly drops you at Murrayfield and then picks you up there. Gonna gamble with that I think.

Foos were outstanding, as wew Royal Blood. Took me longer to get from Murrayfield to the tram station (google it) than Edinburgh to Perth though