Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Maximo Park were excellent last night - with the exception that they didn't play Limassol :(

Liquid Room is a cracking venue for a gig.

Agreed. I was desperate for them to play Limassol, Acrobat and Parisian Skies but reckoned we'd be lucky to hear any more than two of those. Loved being so close to the band as well, and the club night with the lads at propaganda was a pish laugh too. Back home now and with work in less than an hour, I've certainly felt fresher...

Way too many gigs these days full of c*nts blethering and taking photos of themselves.

This annoys me, if you can't show respect to the performer then you shouldn't be at the gig. There's also the fannies who film whole sections of the gig on their phones, what's the point? Are you really going to watch back the video? Chances are it won't get watched and eventually be deleted when you are nearly running out of phone memory. Just enjoy the moment and keep your phone in your pocket ya fud!

Enter Shikari last night btw. Absolutely phenomenal. The crowd were fucking wild for it which helped. The new stuff was good, especially "The Last Garrison". "Juggernauts" after it was probably the highlight of the show.

"Slipshod" is a song that came into it's own live.

Enter Shikari last night btw. Absolutely phenomenal. The crowd were fucking wild for it which helped. The new stuff was good, especially "The Last Garrison". "Juggernauts" after it was probably the highlight of the show.

"Slipshod" is a song that came into it's own live.

Were Fatherson the support for that?

Meathead, on 22 Feb 2015 - 16:20, said:

Were Fatherson the support for that?

They were the first support of three. Had they been the last, I'd probably have tried to get to it, but I wasn't going through three support acts. I did catch some of Feed the Rhino, who were chronic.

FJM at King Tut's last night.... Brilliant!

I sold my ticket for this to go to Ryan Adams last night. Wish it didn't clash as I was looking forward to it. Hopefully he tours again soon.

Ryan Adams tonight, excited.

Also going to see him again tonight. He was phenomenal last night, if not a wee bit moody. He posted on Twitter saying he's going to Edinburgh Castle and the cat cafe today so he should be in a much better mood for the gig tonight.

I was at Ryan Adams last night. Stand out of the night was Sweet Carolina with Natalie Prass - who has the clearest, cleanest voice.

It still bugs me senseless why folk try to ruin a gig with the shouting out in between songs - like that twat did and then a guy right next to me.

Why buy a ticket and do this?? Feckin retards.

I was at Ryan Adams last night. Stand out of the night was Sweet Carolina with Natalie Prass - who has the clearest, cleanest voice.

It still bugs me senseless why folk try to ruin a gig with the shouting out in between songs - like that twat did and then a guy right next to me.

I don't really mind folk shouting out stuff in between songs, sometimes it can be more entertaining than the performance, but if people start chatting/shouting during (quiet) songs it gets right on my wick.

We're all there to shout and sing but if you want a chat get your arse to the coffee shop.

It wasn't the kind of gig to do that, but the way he dealt with it by making up a song on the spot called Cannibal Thieves was fantastic. That'd be a fantastic band name - I might use it at some point.

Great gig nonetheless, I enjoyed what I saw of Natalie Prass' set and I loved when she joined Ryan for Come Pick Me Up at the end. When The Stars Go Blue was another highlight for me, as was Ashes & Fire. I wish the keyboard player had played the piano more than the organ though, it was a lovely sound he was getting out it!

Anyway, next gig for me is The War On Drugs at the Usher Hall on Saturday. Anyone know what it's like as a venue?

To be honest i thought the sound was really poor at the Ryan gig in the usher hall, did not feel it at all and i think thats partially why a lot of aggro occured around people being too loud etc, considering he had his live band etc u want to feel the the music a bit more and it didnt happen for me.