Gigs

pilsner_ffc

• 4 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on their recently-released long player?

I really want to like it but the one-trick is wearing a bit thin..... :blink:

Some of it is really good, there's 3 or 4 songs on it that are quite superb, but, on the other hanb, there are one or two that have nothing going for them, you know, not bad tunes, but not great ones.

It is on par with Room On Fire - that had three excellent songs (What Ever Happened, Reptilia, Under Control) and the rest of the tunes were OK, but is nowhere near as good as Is This It.

They peaked too soon.

As long as they do Hard To Explain and Last Nite, I'll have an awesome time.

Some of it is really good, there's 3 or 4 songs on it that are quite superb, but, on the other hanb, there are one or two that have nothing going for them, you know, not bad tunes, but not great ones.

It is on par with Room On Fire - that had three excellent songs (What Ever Happened, Reptilia, Under Control) and the rest of the tunes were OK, but is nowhere near as good as Is This It.

They peaked too soon.

As long as they do Hard To Explain and Last Nite, I'll have an awesome time.

What's that song all about when he just warbles "I've got nothing to say" over and over?? Talk about hammering home your point.

I really like 12:51 on the last album.

I've seen them twice live; once at Gig in the Green the day before the first album came out when we were blown away. The second time was T in the Park 2004 when the lead singer was wasted and not making a helluva lot of sense.

Is it Carling Academy this time around? Will need to make some enquiries B)

Belle and Sebastian on Tuesday :)

With my sis, who is apparently not drinking :blink: and phoned me last night to warn me that she expects me to do the same.

Aye, right you are :lol:

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I'm going to the NME show at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange on the 28th. It's going to be fantastic. Maximo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets. Can't ask for much more than that :D

Anybody else going?

I'm going to the NME show at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange on the 28th. It's going to be fantastic. Maximo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets. Can't ask for much more than that :D

Anybody else going?

Well, those bands are only OK, only the Mokeys would inpire a cheer from me, maybe too Maximo Park. Mysrey Jets are crap. What the f**k is that song about Dennis all about?

Anybody else going?

You jammy bassa! :P

Working on it thru some contacts but not holding out much hope. Not heard anything from Mystery Jets, whats the vibe? :unsure:

Well, those bands are only OK, only the Mokeys would inpire a cheer from me, maybe too Maximo Park. Mysrey Jets are crap. What the f**k is that song about Dennis all about?

We are Scientists album is very good too. And the Park are worth seeing for comical axe-chopping dancing alone :)

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

We are Scientists album is very good too. And the Park are worth seeing for comical axe-chopping dancing alone :)

Quite looking forward to seeing some hign energy gymastic type dancing from the Maximo singer.

The Mystery Jets are quite hard to pigeon hole. They look like gypsies and sound a bit like Dexy's Midnight Runners bumming The Coral whilst preparing a steak dinner for some folk singers. Strangely enough i think it works. The lead singers 50+ year old dad is in the band. Very weird indeed :blink:

Edited by Spanky Rodriguez

You really should go and see Hayseed Dixie at the Garage on Sun 29th January. (Sat 28th sold out)

They are the dogs boll***s.

They're back at the QMU in April 29th but by then you'll be kicking yourself.

If you've heard them, they're 10 times better live.

Edited by Casey

I'm going to see Ian Brown in February at the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes.

Very surprised he is playing such a small venue as he sold out the Manchester Arena recently.

Well chuffed to be going tho!

So am I :o

How far away is Glenrothes from anywhere good? It's an hour on the train to Edinburgh I know.

You'll have to get a train to either Thornton, Markinch, or even Kirkcaldy then bus or taxi it from there. It's only a couple of miles from the first two, about five from Kirkcaldy.

Fife is a shithole :)