Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Certainly wouldn't mind if it was - not that there's anything wrong with Oasis of course!

Oasis shite on Coldplay from a great height :P

Although in saying that X+Y has grown on me big time since hearing Talk for the first time on Sunday :blink:

Edited by codfish

Oasis shite on Coldplay from a great height :P

Although in saying that X+Y has grown on me big time since hearing Talk for the first time on Sunday :blink:

Without wanting to rain on anyone's parade but....

I saw Oasis various times in their pomp 96-98 and they were amazing.

Then in September I got tix to see them in Las Vegas and got the impression they were totally going thru the motions. Fair play to you young pups for getting all enthusiastic but believe me they were 10 times better in their pomp B)

Edited by supermac

Without wanting to rain on anyone's parade but....

I saw Oasis various times in their pomp 96-98 and they were amazing.

Then in September I got tix to see them in Las Vegas and got the impression they were totally going thru the motions. Fair play to you young pups for getting all enthusiastic but believe me they were 10 times better in their pomp B)

I'm sure they were, but when they were at their best, there was no way that I was going to go and see them, given that I'd have been trampled on by the booze-fuelled yobs (now I am one of the booze-fuelled yobs :P)

:unsure:

I'm sure they were, but when they were at their best, there was no way that I was going to go and see them, given that I'd have been trampled on by the booze-fuelled yobs (now I am one of the booze-fuelled yobs :P)

Coddy, with all due respect, I cant understand why you young uns are keen for Oasis when there are much better bands around and their last 3 albums have been woeful :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Been offered a ticket to see Doves on Thursday night. Much as I enjoy their albums I'm not sure how it will sound live.

Has anyone seen them play live before? Any good? Worth 20 notes? :unsure:

I saw them around the time of The Last Broadcast at Barrowlands, they were pretty decent. Mind you even the worst band in the world would sound good in that room B)

Not heard the new stuff, but certainly wasn't disappointed when I saw them :)

I saw them around the time of The Last Broadcast at Barrowlands, they were pretty decent. Mind you even the worst band in the world would sound good in that room B)

Not heard the new stuff, but certainly wasn't disappointed when I saw them :)

Sounds good to me. Will you refund my ticket if it's rubbish?! :P