Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Peter Gabriel at They Hydro tonight. 25th anniversary of the tour for So. I saw that tour at the time back in 1987, which is 26 years ago. Still, really looking forward to this one as he's magic in concert. Plus, first visit to the new venue. :)

Ditto - can't wait.

Not long in from the gig. Firstly, the Hydro is absolutely brilliant, far bigger than I imagined.

As for the show, it felt like I was watching a bad pop video any time I looked the screens, which was a lot considering I was right at the back. Too arty farty for me, but I suppose I should have expected it. Gabriel was great though.

Went to see Warpaint in ABC last night. Thought they were really good, even though all their gear was lost on a plane and they had to use the support band's instruments. It made everything sound a bit more metally, which wasn't a bad thing at all.

I have to sadly let you know that Motörhead has had to postpone the forthcoming European tour until early next year, 2014.

We have made the decision because I am not quite ready to hit the road yet, and am working my way back to full fitness and rude health. Don't worry - I'm not about to start promoting veganism and alcohol-free beverages, but it is fair to say that I personally have been reconfiguring areas of my life to make sure I can come back fitter and stronger than ever.

It disappointed me tremendously to have to say I wasn't quite ready to hit the road yet, but not nearly as much as it would've disappointed me to go out, play some average shows and watch my health give way long before the tour was over! When people come to see a Motörhead tour, they expect a Motörhead show, and that is exactly what you will get as soon as I am fit and ready to rumble.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated...and know that I'm getting stronger and stronger every day, so watch out next spring Europe and we will see you then.

Thank you all,

Lemmy

Fair play I suppose. Just hope he recovers. Gutted.

Shiter but suppose with all the issues he's had over the past year or so it's understandable.

He ditched the fags several months ago and says he's cut down a good bit on the swally so hopefully he's able to get a bit stronger again to be able to play.