Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Going to try and get cheap ticket for the Manics on Friday off a tout, don't think I've bought or heard much of their post TIMTTMY output but they aren't tourning an album so hopefully they will play lots of early stuff, only have Generation Terrorists with me here on iphone.

Went with the gf last night. More of a heavy metal fan myself but i fair enjoyed it. Great show.

I have a wide genre of taste to be honest, I was at Download a few weeks ago and now Robbie Williams today.

Two excellent showmen. I said that Olly Murs reminds me a lot of Robbie Williams after his gig earlier in the year.

I heard Olly Murs on Radio 1's Big Weekend and was impressed, I wasn't exactly keen on him beforehand however now I am really looking forward to seeing him live.

Saw a mob called The Temperance Movement in the Electric Circus on Monday and they were one of the best live acts I have ever seen. If there is any justice they will be HUGER than huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h0VmLqlbaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0SQVgrLEqA

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

I went to The Tunnels in Aberdeen for Heavens Basement. Sadly missed the first band Skarlett Riot but Buffalo Summer were excellent. I've been going to see Heavens Basement since 2003, right through from their Hurricane Party and Roadstar days and they have always been fantastic. Last night was no exception, from the off they went for it at full throttle. However, they are a different animal from previous incarnations in that they are a lot harder now. The singer is very good at the stuff written during his time with HB, but the earlier songs played last night just did not suit his particular style and he is not as charismatic as the previous singer. He's still bloody good though. They should be huge now, but circumstances have conspired against them, wrong place wrong time kinda thing. The biggest negative of the night was the, at best, lukewarm reception for both bands that I saw. It's little wonder that so few decent rock bands come this far north.