Gigs

pilsner_ffc

If by the wrong places you mean a resale website then I wish you were right.

Take a peek at Ticketmaster.

Edit: Had a look on Ticketsoup and it lists 45 - 125 as the price range so Ticketmaster's info is a wee bit misleading. Dismounting my high horse now.

Edited by Hughsie

Edit: Had a look on Ticketsoup and it lists 45 - 125 as the price range so Ticketmaster's info is a wee bit misleading. Dismounting my high horse now.

Aye, might be better to check the official vendors of the venue before getting on it in the first place.

Aye, might be better to check the official vendors of the venue before getting on it in the first place.

Ticketmaster usually accurately represent the ticket price range of events. The fact it only lists the top priced ticket when it lists the full range for every other date on the tour is misleading.

Happy to have been wrong and hopefully can get a ticket at a respectable price, albeit for a no doubt shite seat.

It's a double tiered venue I think. So you'd probably be right, but it seems to be a really tight venue too, so my guess is that a "shite" seat will still be quite good.

Hydro-plan-seating-ts.jpg

From what I can see it's three tiered. Level three where I am (block 331) was £60.00 plus fees. And that is the very top of the venue. The only blocks that are £45.00 are the ones at the very side of the stage - in fact, they are almost behind the stage.

On the floor, and second tier lower is was £125.00 and even for the second tier rear it was £75.00. Outrageous pricing but once in a lifetime thing so hopefully the seat isn't too bad.

Looking at it from the outside, it looks really tight. I'm honestly wondering if those are actually belting seats. I remember being in Braehead and that place is longer from the stage, but there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Looking at it from the outside, it looks really tight. I'm honestly wondering if those are actually belting seats. I remember being in Braehead and that place is longer from the stage, but there isn't a bad seat in the house.

artist-impression-02-big.jpg

Going by this artist's impression then you could be right. Doesn't look particularly high - time will tell I suppose!

Was the support Swim Deep? Going to see 'em on the 22nd at King Tuts.

The support I caught the end of in Aberdeen was a band called The Bastille who looked decent. Two door cinema club were excellent. Battered through most of their two albums and the place was jumping. Also had a good stage show ie strobes, massive balloons falling from the ceiling etc. If they keep these sort of live performances up with the amount of catchy tunes they possess, they could be absolutely massive in a stadium band sort of way. A good TITP performance will only enhance an already growing reputation as being the best of an upcoming bunch

The Funkadelic Experience at the o2 friday 12th April. I'm assuming this is a funkadelic tribute band but I can't find any info about them anywhere

Featuring original member Billy Bass Nelson and playing mostly early funkadelic stuff