Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Erol Alkan at the Rooms on Thursday was an experience. There's something about dance music live that you don't get at another form of music. A good combination of a nightclub setting but without the shite music that sends you off the dance floor constantly. Lemonade was a revelation. biggrin.gif

I'm going to get myself some earplugs, it's about time I did so with the number of gigs I go to. Any recommendations on what's good, what's a reasonable price to be paying etc?

Going to Testament tomorrow, first time seeing them so should be good.

Went down to Manchester to see Hundred Reasons and Hell Is For Heroes on Friday, part of a re-union/anniversary tour. Both bands played their 10 year old albums in full. Absolutely tremendous show, Hell Is For Heroes in particular, such a shame that they didn't get the breaks that a few others did and ended up splitting.

I'm going to get myself some earplugs, it's about time I did so with the number of gigs I go to. Any recommendations on what's good, what's a reasonable price to be paying etc?

Going to Testament tomorrow, first time seeing them so should be good.

The ones I get from the rehearsal studio I go to are 50p a pair, not shopped around or anything but they're right there and it seems reasonable enough to me.

Also going to see Therapy? at the Garage. Still haven't heard the new album though.

Some of the songs on the new album are going to sound amazing live - Ghost Trio in particular I am looking forward to hearing.

Here is a link to a video of one of the songs on the new album. It is one of the weaker ones in my opinion, but still good.

Before You, With You, After You

Just to add, a guy I know's in a band and he's recently found out he's got tinnitus. Regularly puts statuses up on Facebook about how painful it is and how he wishes he was more aware of the risks earlier on. Says he wouldn't wish it on anyone. I know you can get different degrees of pain through this - so I can't help feeling sorry for him as it seems like he's got it bad. If you're a regular gig goer, I'd definitely recommend it.

Ben Folds Five tomorrow night. Never seen Ben with the Five so I'm buzzing. biggrin.gif

I'm going to this, but only because my wife likes them. Nothing against Ben Folds Five, they've got a few good songs. It's just that it's not something I'd choose to drive to Glasgow to see.

You will enjoy it. Absolutely awesome at Newcastle on Weds night. 25 song set, real mix of stuff and some songs they have never played for years. Cairns on top form

Yeah, it was pretty amazing.

Nice touch as well when they first appeared on stage wishing everyone a happy St Andrews Day, then appearing for the encore in kilts.