Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Agreed on "Redemption".

Against Me! were fucking stunning. I lost my shit when they played "Thrash Unreal". I didn't expect that at all. They hardly play it in a 20 song headline set. Opening with "White Crosses" into "Pints of Guinness" into "Cliche Guevara" was just incredible. They proceed to just tear through song after song after song. The newer stuff sounded amazing actually. "I Was a Teenage Anarchist" was probably the highlight of their set.

Frank Turner followed it with something from heaven. "Somebody to Love" was the highlight for me. He fucking nailed it. "I Still Believe", "If I Ever Stray", "Reasons Not to Be an Idiot" and "Photosynthesis" were probably the highlights of the set, but it feels harsh to pick highlights. The entire thing was sensational.

Gig of the year. Utterly outstanding stuff. The Ballad of Me and My Friends was a personal highlight.

Gig of the year

Gig of my life. Completely agree with everything said so far about it. The place was packed and the atmosphere was excellent, the place was bouncing.

Great sets from both support acts, especially Against Me, had never heard of them and when they came on i thought hmm dont think this is gonna be my type of music but they blew me away!

Frank's set was just superb, faultless (even if he did call his keyboard player by the drummer's name!) They crowd were on great form and really contributed to a great gig. "Someone to Love" was a great addition to the set and the place exploded with it.

Cant wait for the next one!

AS I'm sure quite a few on here will be there tonight, the scheduled stage times for the three artists are:

Theory of a Deadman: 19.15-19.45

Black Stone Cherry: 20.00-21.00

Alter Bridge: 21.20-23.00

So if you are coming from outside the Glasgow bus network then you won't be able to get home unless going by car.

Agree with all saying Frank Turner was fantastic, one of the best gigs of the year.

Alter Bridge were good, but obviously there was the usual pishy SECC sound to contend with. Not the band's fault of course, but what was their fault was the encore being shit. I want to see you play songs, not have a self indulgent guitar w**k.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

At a last-minute hunch, I decided to go the Yellowcard gig at Garage last night as my mate had a spare ticket...it's safe to say it was one of the best impromptu decisions I've ever made. Absolutely incredible gig, one of the best of the year for me...they were just so good, and the atmosphere in the crowd was amazing. Definitely a night to remember!

It's also now just starting to sink in that it's less than a week until the Bring Me The Horizon gig...they're the best live band I've ever seen, and to have the opportunity to see them three times in the space of a year is incredible.

At a last-minute hunch, I decided to go the Yellowcard gig at Garage last night as my mate had a spare ticket...it's safe to say it was one of the best impromptu decisions I've ever made. Absolutely incredible gig, one of the best of the year for me...they were just so good, and the atmosphere in the crowd was amazing. Definitely a night to remember!

It's also now just starting to sink in that it's less than a week until the Bring Me The Horizon gig...they're the best live band I've ever seen, and to have the opportunity to see them three times in the space of a year is incredible.

I am fuckin' green with envy mate. How were The Wonder Years? I can't stop listening to their new album.

EDIT

Just found out from a friend that The Phantom Band and Take A Worm For a Walk are playing at The Stereo on the 17th Dec. The night after We Were Promised Jetpacks. Might have to keep some money by for that!

Edited by Stuboy

I am fuckin' green with envy mate. How were The Wonder Years? I can't stop listening to their new album.

The Wonder Years were absolutely incredible! Smallish crowd in when they played as people were still filtering in but the place was still bouncing down the front. Yellowcard was my winging band and I'm happy to say they were awesome biggrin.gif Certainly part of my favourite bands list after that performance, will be seeing them next time they play Scotland.

The Wonder Years were absolutely incredible! Smallish crowd in when they played as people were still filtering in but the place was still bouncing down the front. Yellowcard was my winging band and I'm happy to say they were awesome biggrin.gif Certainly part of my favourite bands list after that performance, will be seeing them next time they play Scotland.

Aye Yellowcard are great. Think i've mentioned this earlier in the thread but they were the first band I saw live at the Barra's in 2004. Good to see they're still going strong.

Scroobius Pip 29th Feb at the Arches

Considering this myself, if it was a Friday or Saturday it'd be an absolute definite, but might just take the Thursday and Friday off and make a week of it. If it's anywhere near as good as he was in Aberdeen it'll be worth the time off.

Kasabian December 12th at AECC, Justice February 12th in O2 and Noel Gallagher February 14th at AECC, so a few big gigs to amp up the pre-festive excitement and relieve the post-festive blues.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

They were good - saw them earlier this year at Kerrang! tour as well, and it was much the same this time around - no shortage of passion and energy in their performance, except this time there were quite a few more people in the crowd who knew them and were singing along. There were more people who knew them than co-headliners Saves The Day, who were tight enough, but not as energetic and their set really dragged towards the end for me. Yellowcard, though, were immense - such a good performance and great atmosphere, especially in the pits! Great night :)

Alter Bridge were good, but obviously there was the usual pishy SECC sound to contend with. Not the band's fault of course, but what was their fault was the encore being shit. I want to see you play songs, not have a self indulgent guitar w**k.

Exactly, I fucking hate guitar solos. Sorry guys, that isn't impressive in the slightest. It's just noise. I'd rather he did play some fucking jazz like he said!

February - Shinedown

March - Black Stone Cherry

Both gigs at the Academy.