Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The first link called Green Day an emo band. Yeah...

EDIT the second link says Blink 182. so for that reason the Daily Mail talk shite.

Edited by IainMorton

Tinie Tempah tonight at the 02 ABC! Never been to the ABC before, looking forward to it.

Not very good at all. Didn't seem to connect with the crowd and it was all too planned/structured for my liking. Barely any crowd interaction apart from bringing a girl on stage and tbh he came across as a bit of a twat. Wouldn't go see him again, if he clashed with someone decent at TITP then I'll go see someone different.

Miami 2 Ibiza was good, the rest was mehhhhhhhh.

Don't know how much interest there will be on here but Armin van Buuren is playing the Braehead Arena on Sunday 24th April. You can register for a pre-sale here: http://www.arminuk.com/

Why do the big trance/electronica/house acts always get booked to play at that shitty venue <_<.

Tiesto, Pendulum, and Deadmau5 ....etc

Edited by JogaBonito

My mate gave me his spare ticket to see ocean colour scene on Friday there... literally one of the worst gigs I have ever seen, they were playing moseley shoals in its entirety, being the only album I knew I thought it would be good but it was a complete snoozefest! Also for the encore they mangled 'daytripper' beyond belief! Add in a crowd of swaggering 'hoolies' puffed up on lager, coke and a new Fred Perry out of the catalogue and you get the idea!

Edited by cb_diamond

Secret Affair last night at Ivory Blacks, great venue, excellent band.

Got the mighty Black Spiders on Wednesday at the Cathouse, been wating for this one for a while, hoping to be there early enough to catch Viking Skull as well.

Janelle Monae at the ABC on Saturday night was one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen. Her band is incredible and her performance was as good as anyone I've ever seen - brilliant singer, brilliant dancer, brilliant songs.

Also saw Ben Folds on Friday night at the Academy and enjoyed that too - bit of a geek but very talented guy with loads of good songs.

Just found a few good gigs whilst going through Last.FM

30/3 Bombay Bicycle Club at Oran Mor (Seems sold out :( )

6/5Twin Atlantic at Barrowlands

10/5 Frank Turner in Dundee

11/5 Frank Turner in Dunfermline

19/5 Funeral Part at Oran Mor (Just booked tickets)

21/5 The Dodo's at The Arches

Theyre coming thick and fast in May

Edited by Stuboy

Jon Fratelli has announced a few low key gigs around Scotland

King Tuts, Glasgow, 30th March

Bongo Club, Edinburgh, 31st March

Tunnels, Aberdeen, 2nd April

Doghouse, Dundee, 3rd April

Ironworks, Inverness, 4th April

An Lanntair, Stornoway, 5th April

Stromness Town Hall, Orkney, 7th April

Assembly, Wick, 8th April

The Loft, Forres, 9th April

Think I might go along to the King Tuts gig...I heard the song "Rythm Doesn't Make You A Dancer" quite liked it, so it could be good night.

Ticketmaster