Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Madness tonight at the O2 in glasgow.

Was a fantastic gig.

Wasn't that bothered about going to see Paul Heaton but was surprised to walk in and hear him and his band doing Caravan of Love.Thought he ignored that one these days.

Madness were superb.The entire place was bouncing.Started off well then there was a drop in pace and the place went daft as soon as they played Madness and kept bouncing right until the end of Night Boat to Cairo

Edited by davidkennedyshand

Biffy Clyro was incredible. "Diary of Always" was ridiculously good. Can't believe they pulled that one out of the bag. Also well chuffed that they played "Know Your Quarry" which hadn't been getting an airing. "That Golden Rule" was utterly utterly sensational.

I've always said that some bands have the music that can make the SECC an amazing venue and Biffy Clyro are one of those bands.

The Futureheads are, unfortunately, not.

Interpol last night at the Corn Exchange.

Haven't actually heard much of their stuff, but my mate had a spare ticket and it turned out to be a pretty good gig.

That was also the first time I've ever been to the Corn Exchange, but I should have realised the bevvy would be a tad overpriced (even by Edinburgh standards).

Interpol are brilliant live. They have a superb aura about them. Even if it's a slow song with no crowd participation, the music usually sucks you right in. Remember hearing "Pioneer to the Falls" for the first time when they played it at Leeds and it felt like everyone was watching in awe rather than being bored.

Just got round to giving them a listen there. Have heard them getting talked up on the Metal Hammer podcast. No too shabby actually. Boy has a pretty distinct voice.

They are brilliant. Only heard about them when they got announced to play at Download last year. Have been trying to get more people into them as they aren't very well known in the UK (huge in Scandanavia and mainland Europe, selling out arena tours) but haven't been too successful so far. Hopefully once the tour is over more people will give them a listen and they will grow over here.