Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Ian Brown on the 15th at the Picture House.

Wanted to see him for ages, cannae fucking wait :D especally now that he's started to play the roses stuff again. Anybody else going?

Was going to go but have an exam the next day at 9.

Was at the Enemy last night, pretty good gig. Just on the massive off chance that the guy in the white polo shirt that told me on three separate occasions "I'm fucked" posts on here, there was no need to tell me, I could see quite clearly :lol:

Is this the same guy that collaborated with Zach De La Rocha for "One Day As A Lion"?

They've released an EP (I don't know if it's still on sale) but listen to their stuff on YouTube. They're brilliant.

No the guy in (the fantastic) One Day as a Lion is Jon Theodore, who left TMV in 07. Between 07 and last month it was the incredible Thomas Pridgen but him and Cedric had a large scale bust up and now its afro'd up heavy hitter Dave Elitich.

Saw Shed Seven at the Carling Academy last night. I wasn't really expecting too much, but it turned out to be a cracking gig. Rattled off all the tunes that they knew folk wanted to hear, and had the place bouncing.

All in all a good night

They were cracking in Inverness too. Their set was excellently paced I thought, and as you say, they unashamedly give the crowd what they want to hear. They did a new song which sounded instantly likeable and as strong as anything they've done. Rick Witter was in comic form as ever.

Always been underrated IMO.

Saw Shed Seven at the Carling Academy last night. I wasn't really expecting too much, but it turned out to be a cracking gig. Rattled off all the tunes that they knew folk wanted to hear, and had the place bouncing.

All in all a good night

Wanted to go to that but didn't ken anyone else who is a big fan. Braw band. Bully Boy is an anthem.

Wanted to go to that but didn't ken anyone else who is a big fan. Braw band. Bully Boy is an anthem.

Del, Del, Del. As I'm drunk, I'll tell you that's the one I always look forward to. Gie's a shout if such an occurence should, er, occur again.

Knightswood, you still owe me a 30 yarder. :lol:

dragonforce and 3 other bands at ironworks last night,good gig very busy,dragonforce were ok,but support band sabaton stole the show they were awesome

I absolutely love Sabaton, but I can't stand Dragonforce so I didn't bother going. How were Sylosis?

I absolutely love Sabaton, but I can't stand Dragonforce so I didn't bother going. How were Sylosis?

missed Sylosis as the queue was that long we sat in pub until 8,so only saw glamour,sabaton+dragon,couldnt beleive how good sabaton were

Edited by ictforeurope

Julian Casablancas at the abc this Saturday, should be awesome. Still don't know who the support are though.

On a related note, The Strokes have just been announced as headlining Rockness next year so I will deifinitely be going up for that too.

missed Sylosis as the queue was that long we sat in pub until 8,so only saw glamour,sabaton+dragon,couldnt beleive how good sabaton were

Aye, they're a phenomenal live band.

I'm off to Alestorm tonight, supported by Rotted, who I haven't heard, and Edens Curse, who are excellent. Should be a good night.