Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Only got in from Killswitch Engage last night an hour ago, fantastic gig.

Did they play a full set this time?

The Mars Volta at the Picturehouse on the 9th of Dec- assuming they get their lack of drummer problem sorted!

I didn't even know they had a drummer problem. The guy was a machine. I would love to see them live, but despite watching plenty of videos on Youtube, I just can't imagine how it would work live, for me at least.

I didn't even know they had a drummer problem. The guy was a machine. I would love to see them live, but despite watching plenty of videos on Youtube, I just can't imagine how it would work live, for me at least.

Is this the same guy that collaborated with Zach De La Rocha for "One Day As A Lion"?

They've released an EP (I don't know if it's still on sale) but listen to their stuff on YouTube. They're brilliant.

Malcolm Middleton @ Oran Mor next week

Frightened Rabbit @ The ABC (or O2 ABC, or whatever the feck it's called now) on 22nd of December.

Am really rather excited about the latter in particular. Mon eh Rabbit! :D

The Dave Matthews Band, Bad Company, The Skids and Stiff Little Fingers. All in March I think. And not costing me a penny :)

I thought The Skids performance at T a few years ago was definitely the last gig ever. :lol:

Still, got a bit to go to beat the Shed's one off reunion tour, it's just a get together, nothing else will be coming of it. They're still touring and got a new album on the way.

Anyone else off here go to see We Were Promised Jetpacks on Sunday at King Tut's? Been ages since I've been to King Tut's, was great to be back! 3rd time I've seen Jetpacks and they keep getting better. Basically played the album plus a new yin which was amazing. Was there with a load of folk from Craigmount (the school they went to in Edinburgh), which was good! Loved the fact that the Frightened Rabbit singer was in attendance, seemingly on his own!

As for my upcoming gigs, rather looking forward to the remainder of December:

5th - Cribs - Corn Exchange (11th time I will have seen them)

15th - Twilight Sad - Voodoo Rooms (2nd time I will have seen them)

22nd - Frightened Rabbit - ABC (2nd time I will have seen them)

Also gonna get tickets for Courteeners in the next couple of days, for the Picture House, as it's on my 20th Birthday in March! :)

Anyone else off here go to see We Were Promised Jetpacks on Sunday at King Tut's? Been ages since I've been to King Tut's, was great to be back! 3rd time I've seen Jetpacks and they keep getting better. Basically played the album plus a new yin which was amazing. Was there with a load of folk from Craigmount (the school they went to in Edinburgh), which was good! Loved the fact that the Frightened Rabbit singer was in attendance, seemingly on his own!

As for my upcoming gigs, rather looking forward to the remainder of December:

5th - Cribs - Corn Exchange (11th time I will have seen them)

15th - Twilight Sad - Voodoo Rooms (2nd time I will have seen them)

22nd - Frightened Rabbit - ABC (2nd time I will have seen them)

Also gonna get tickets for Courteeners in the next couple of days, for the Picture House, as it's on my 20th Birthday in March! :)

Goin to see the cribs this sunday :) went to there gig at the barralands and they were amazin.

Will also be tryin to get tickets for the courteeners at the picture house, that will be something to look forward to :D

HUNDRED REASONS. Shit man, I didnt even realise they were still about! I saw them play QMU possibly 7/8 years ago, and they were superb live. If they're still about then is there any chance My Vitriol are still about?? Theyve never officially split/finished!

They did a gig not that long ago in Stereo in Glasgow. So there not hitting the high places lik ethe barras or that. I mean i played in Stereo once lol

They where fantastic tho.

I bought their album. It's alright. That kind of "Scottish sounding band" seem a bit ten-a-penny though.

The album is a grower. When I first listened to it I wasn't that keen, then I found myself with the album on shuffle singing along to every song.

I haven't listened to it for ages. I should really fix that.

"A"At King Tuts tonight 8)

Thay must be a fair age now.

They were played to death on the Evening Session when Lamacq and Whiley co-hosted in the mid-90s.

I bought their album. It's alright. That kind of "Scottish sounding band" seem a bit ten-a-penny though.

Eh?

De Rosa and Aerogramme sound a bit similar in parts, but both of these are defunct anyways. I can't think of any other bands who are in the same vein.

Edited to add: I too shall be at the Rabbit gig. I've seen them previously in The Arches, The Tramway, a pub and bizzarely, Xscape. It'll be good to see them in a proper venue.

Edited by wearealldoomed

I was at White Lies again on Saturday at the Academy. It was fantastic and better than their gig earlier in the year at the Barrowlands.

I went to see them in Dundee a couple of years back. Great live band but they haven't been the same since Johnny Marr joined

Not the same = better?

I reckon Johnny Marr has made a great band even better. I seen them at the Barrowlands a few months ago and it was probably the best gig I've been to.

I went to that gig to see In Flames but Killswitch were fucking amazing and the crowd was crazy. I haven't really listened to anything by them since The End of Heartache but I think I'll have to check out their newer stuff now.

I was disappointed with the latest album, although Starting Over's a great tune. As Daylight Dies is excellent though, definitely worth a listen.

Did they play a full set this time?

They did, and it was jizzworthy.