Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I saw that. Would have been nice to hear that or Wizard at Newcastle.

Do you think that was style they were aiming for then a natural progression. I always got feeling that Gggarth stripped away the layers and brought the melodic side of band to fore.

I have just been listening to VOB and there are loads of catchy songs on there, I can't pinpoint why I don't like Puzzle.

I think the change is entirely their own will given the quotes from them recently about moving to producing more mainstream music. Richardson is purely a producer so he would have had completly no say over the actual musical content which is a wildly different from what they had previously created.

I'm glad though that I'm able to like both style's of Biffy because it must be frustrating to see the version that you prefer making such a switch.

I think the change is entirely their own will given the quotes from them recently about moving to producing more mainstream music. Richardson is purely a producer so he would have had completly no say over the actual musical content which is a wildly different from what they had previously created.

I'm glad though that I'm able to like both style's of Biffy because it must be frustrating to see the version that you prefer making such a switch.

Or he is a really good producer....

I remember seeing a few Metallica videos with Bob Rock actively encouraging structural changes, which I thought was brilliant. I would much rather have someone sit and say "See, this bit isn't too great. What about you do this instead?" rather than some guy just sit there pressing record and stop every few minutes.

Anyway, I went to see Hundred Reasons last night and they were superb as always. It's such a shame to see them with such a small crowd, because they deserve much better. They've went through so much shite in their career. I said to my mate before the gig that I would prefer they played most of the first album as opposed to most of the new album, because I haven't had time to digest it properly. Imagine my surprise when they only played one song off the new album. Seriously good band to watch, and I really hope with this album, or the next, that they manage to get some new people into the gigs.

The singalong at Falter was brilliant, as always.

Or he is a really good producer....

I remember seeing a few Metallica videos with Bob Rock actively encouraging structural changes, which I thought was brilliant. I would much rather have someone sit and say "See, this bit isn't too great. What about you do this instead?" rather than some guy just sit there pressing record and stop every few minutes.

Anyway, I went to see Hundred Reasons last night and they were superb as always. It's such a shame to see them with such a small crowd, because they deserve much better. They've went through so much shite in their career. I said to my mate before the gig that I would prefer they played most of the first album as opposed to most of the new album, because I haven't had time to digest it properly. Imagine my surprise when they only played one song off the new album. Seriously good band to watch, and I really hope with this album, or the next, that they manage to get some new people into the gigs.

The singalong at Falter was brilliant, as always.

I almost quoted Bob Rock and Metallica when harping on about Gggarth as an example of how a producer can stamp his sound on a band.

Haven't seen Hundred Reasons for a good few years, Colin is a top bloke. Last time I saw them was probably 2002 in Edinburgh with Stapleton. good that they are still on go, they were just one of some outastanding UK hardcore acts around at that time with Understand and Above All. Funny how they fell out of favour with Kerrang! et all.

Mike dig out Shaterproof... now :)

Muse! :D

:D

Eddy Izzard on Wednesday :)

:)

what time is their gig on at tonight? my brother might be getting me a ticket for it tonight. He's getting my hopes up!!

6:30pm doors open. Good luck on getting your ticket, it should be amazing!

went to Alabama 3 last night, immense!

I'll be seeing them on Saturday night, got Alice In Chains on Thursday and Proclaimers on Friday first though.

Shinedown were excellent on Saturday there, unfortunately had to leave early but I'd heard my favourites by then luckily.

A bit late with the reply so you prob already know, Tuesday night (10th) at ABC, think it was 9 quid a ticket.

20 odd of us going, gonna be superb.

That's all right. I got my Birthday present early,and I'll be there as well. I am a bit hyper tonight at the news of going to see them,god knows what I'll be like tomorrow night. :lol:

It should be a good gig from what I have seen of them at TITP. 8)

Considering Shed Seven next month. Braw band.

I'm thinking about going to see them as well but might have to go myself which is putting me off a bit.

Was due to see the Enemy tonight but it's been postponed till December 1st due to illness. I think they're due to play in Glasgow tomorrow night as well so if you're due to go to that one I'd check up on it before heading off.