Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Sorry, but for you to slate his bands, then say you're going to see AC/DC is ridiculous.Got tickets for Bloc Party in Dunfermline for their 'Bloctober' tour!

Nothing ridiculous about going to see one of the best live bands on the planet.

Going to see Hot Leg at Caberet Voltaire in Edinburgh on Thursday, looks like a decent wee venue, nice and small.

Anyone been?

It's a fucking terrible club, that lies about the music it's going to play. It's round the corner from the Tron (which is about five minutes from my house)... it's usually £2-£5 to get in for a place 30 yards from the Royal Mile, that says it all!

Hot Leg are shit though, so if you can't hear them you won't be missing anything. :)

It's a fucking terrible club, that lies about the music it's going to play. It's round the corner from the Tron (which is about five minutes from my house)... it's usually £2-£5 to get in for a place 30 yards from the Royal Mile, that says it all!

Hot Leg are shit though, so if you can't hear them you won't be missing anything. :)

Just thought it looked good, cos it was a small venue.

Dont care what their club nights are like, only goin for the gig.

The OH is the Hot Leg fan, got tickets for a little pressie.

The OH is the Hot Leg fan, got tickets for a little pressie.

A very little pressie, but £11 a ticket for a band who were a support act that were booed out of the Carling Academy in November at a gig that was £16 is ludicrous! :lol:

The ticket for the train will cost more than the tickets to get in to Cabaret! Was £10 odd for a single to Glasgow last week!

Just thought it looked good, cos it was a small venue.

Dont care what their club nights are like, only goin for the gig.

There's an arch between the bulk of the floor space and the stage which can lead to what seems like an oddly detached gigging experience - almost as if you're watching it through someone's window. But if it's not too busy you should be able to get towards the front. Don't blame me if you can't hear anything afterwards, though...

All in all I quite like Cab Vol, but with reservations. I was there a few weeks ago for one of their free January gigs. It may have been free to get in but they did charge me £3.60 for a pint of rat's piss. Unsurprisingly I finished that evening quite sober.

Upcoming gigs in March:

Gogira @ Classic Grand

Jimmy Carr @ Secc Armadillo

Mono @ Stereo

Metallica! @ Secc Hall 4

Anyone ever been in the Classic Grand, Stereo or the Armadillo? Thoughts on acoustics etc?

I like the Armadillo, it was good for the League of Gentleman and also worked for Journey. Acoustics are fine for Jimmy Carr, and you might be lucky and mishear a joke and find it funny.

Stereo is a decent club that we get in for £2, not really sure which bit they would use for gigs. If it's the dance room, then I can't think of a stage.... but then it's a no-name band so they won't need much, I wouldn't have thought.

EDIT: Why are coming all the way over here to hear something like that, when there are tonnes of options in Glasgow, or are you local??

Edited by SaltyTON