Gigs

pilsner_ffc

saw pendulum at The Academy last night...they were fantastic, the place was bouncing when they came on.

Next for me is the Kerrang tour at the barras in Jan, then The Killers and Metallica in march at the SECC, followed with a dose T in The Park 2009 :D

went to coldplayat the secc last night had the time of my life they were amazing came right round behind us at the back of the floor seats just the best gig ive been to now im looking forward to september coldplay and jayz at hampden :D:D:D:D

Saw them on saturday at the SECC and they did the same, the balloons and the multicolours butterflys make it a superb gig, probobly my favourite

post-2658-1228931550_thumb.jpg

The always brilliant Alabama 3 in the Ironworks last night. Devlin Love, holy f**k I know where I'd put my hypo full of love. It also helps that she's got a brilliant voice, the stripped down version of U Don't Dans 2 Tekno Anymore sung by herself was just fantastic.

Saw them on saturday at the SECC and they did the same, the balloons and the multicolours butterflys make it a superb gig, probobly my favourite

yeah they were amazin they just know how to get on with the audience I remember the people behind me the guy was obv a coldplay fan and his girlfriend obv wasnt but by the end of the night she was up on the chairs and everythin just amzin 10 out of 10 :thumsup2:thumsup2

Added Lynyrd Skynyrd on May 27th to my list (of three things).

May 27th at the Armadillo, was a good venue for Journey (ideal for older acts).

Not seen them in years, since the LS/DP show at the SECC back in 2003(?).

Missed all but the last minute of Children of Bodom last night, but Machine Head were absolutely immense and Slipknot were great too.

Machine Head near blew the fucking roof off the place with Robb Flynn's Dimebag speech then Aesthetics of Hate, and the pit for Davidian was incredible. Halo was their best song of the night though. That had to go down as the best live performance I've ever seen.

Slipknot's best song was Dead Memories, played it really well. I was surprised that they only played that and Psychosocial from the new album though, thought they would be trying a bit more of the new stuff. The older songs are good too of course, but it wasn't really what I was expecting. The crowd just didn't seem to get into it when they played Prosthetics. Spit It Out was fantastic though, and Surfacing was a good way to start their set. All in all a great night.

Next up, Lamb of God and Dimmu Borgir on the 15th of February.

I agree with you on Slipknot. Crowd seemed much more up for Machine Head. Best band I saw all night was Viking Skull at The Cathouse after the Slipknot gig. Amazing band!

Next gigs:

The Enemy @ Ironworks, Inverness

Metallica @ SECC

TITP 2009

With a number of huge gigs already anounced for next year,which one(s) are you going to/planning to go to? With acts such as Oasis,Coldplay,Take That,The Eagles and AC/DC having already announced their stadium gigs and Snow Patrol,Franz Ferdinand,Texas,Girls Aloud,Boyzone and Cliff Richard And The Shadows penciled in for arena's,is their any that have taken to your fancy?

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

over the last 25 years i have been to more than 150+ gigs,but last few years iam lucky if i have made 1 a year,the biggest being maiden in paris 2005,lately,next year already i have tickets for judas priest/megadeth/testament at secc in feb and nickelback at secc in may,also hopefully will get a tickeet to see ac/dc at hampden in june,if that all i see next year iam fine

With acts such as Oasis,Coldplay,Take That,The Eagles and AC/DC having already announced their stadium gigs and Snow Patrol,Franz Ferdinand,Texas,Girls Aloud,Boyzone and Cliff Richard And The Shadows penciled in for arena's,is their any that have taken to your fancy?

All utter and complete shit other than perhaps AC/DC who were good but dull when I saw them.

In terms of gigs there is only one I have planned just now, and that's for next week at the Carling. The utterly superb, Gogol.

Gigs are a dying art form, I've seen easily 500 plus in my life and I can tell you that I rarely get the buzz from them in the same way I did in the 80's.

In terms of gigs there is only one I have planned just now, and that's for next week at the Carling. The utterly superb, Gogol.

I'll need to investigate them further, I had a wee look at the video there and it sounds quite good plus they have Manu Chao (bloke in my avatar) as one of their top 20 friends. They could be on the recieving end of my standard crimbo gift vouchers pressies that I always get!

I too will be going to the AC/DC gig, I've seen them once before during the Razor's Edge tour about 16 years ago and they were amazing.

Recently saw Simple Minds at the ABC and Coldplay at the SECC. SM played a very good set, lots of older material. Admittedly I could have left after New Gold Dream and not felt I missed out on much, but the first part of the show was brilliant. And Coldplay were superb. My first time seeing them, I wasn't sure how much I'd like it: I've always been sort of cautiously pro-Coldplay, though the accusations of blandness are sometimes close to the mark. But much of their set was drawn from the excellent new album, which was fine by me, and I found Chris Martin to be a hugely engaging frontman, which I hadn't really expected. Top marks.

For financial reasons, I had resolved to cut down next year after doing thirty-odd gigs in 2008, but already have eight or nine booked and another half dozen that I fancy. Definitely on the cards are:-

Franz Ferdinand at the Picture Hoose

Metallica at the SECC

David Byrne at the GRCH

The Specials at the Academy

Morrissey at the Albert Halls (Stirling)

Morrissey at the Barras

Girls Aloud at the SECC

Coonting Craws at the SECC (rescheduled from this month)

...and I'm sure there's something else...

Guest DonGoodman

For anyone that was going to King Tuts tonight to see Beardyman...don't. He's called in sick so the gigs been rescheduled. Tickets will still be valid for the new date...which i'll post up when I know next week. Its sold out by the way so if anyone fancies going let me know and i'll see what I can do.