Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Guest sunriselightflies
Aye was there last gig in Scotland and tonight in Sheffield is there last ever gig. A sad day indeed.

They were fucking awesome on Thursday as per usual. A stage invasion before the end as well was top notch, absolute carnage.

Still can't believe they never made it when you see some of the pish in the charts today.

Was there aswell.

Phenomenal gig.

Rifles and Wombats in November :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to the Teenage Fanclub hat-trick at Oran Mor next week?! Should be a great weekend. Just discovered a load of B sides and obscure numbers on Slsk. B)

Edited by supermac

I went to see the Foo Fighters at Wembley on Friday, got a ticket for £10 on Ebay, but it was seating and I was that high up it was just pish, I left after 45mins. They looked good as always, i've seen them twice at T in the park, but stadium gigs should be avoided unless you are standing.

I have tickets to see Paul Weller in Camden in 2 weeks, and the Guillemots in Islington later that day.

Got tickets for the Belladrum (Tartan Heart) Festival last week and today The Lemonheads have been been announced as playing. Excellent news as they're one of my favourite bands of all time. :D

Joe Jackson next Saturday.

I'm sure Half A Person described him last night as an "American Elvis Costello", despite him coming from Staffordshire :lol:

Edited by Gaz

The Raigmore haven't recieved any tickets for it :huh: , maybe something to do with that. I was told to book online and take the conformation along.

You should be ok with that. My mate ordered the tickets for us so i'm not sure if he just has the confirmation or actual tickets.

Glasvegas were LOUD last night but good tunes with it. The band on 2nd were too bloody quiet as you could hear the chattering of the crowd above the music.

As for the fire alarm going off, seem familiar? No matter as it benefitted us in that we got back in among the first and right up to the front. Result.

As for the fire alarm going off, seem familiar? No matter as it benefitted us in that we got back in among the first and right up to the front. Result.

Nah, it's becoming something of a tradition for the Raigmore now. Happened just before the Pigeon Detectives and a mate says it also happened at another gig he was at before them (he didn't tell me who, I'm just trying to work it out today. He must have been at Scouting For Girls or The Hoosiers. The poof.) . I think it's ploy to get you out in the fresh so you get a head on and then go back in and buy too much drink. It certainly works on me and I commend them for it.

Thought they were great actually. Loving the Spector/Mary Chain sound. Great reaction from folk who hadn't heard Go Square Go before. A lassie was telling me she thought they were better at the Ironworks though, but then it's a much better venue anyway. Still gutted they were on early that night and managed to miss them.