Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I went to see Crystal Castles on Saturday night in the Arches and it was bloody excellent.

Next is Kimya Dawson on Wednesday night. Luckily it clashes with the Rangers game so i will miss them playing anti-football thankfully.

Went to see Australian improvised jazz trio The Necks last night at City Halls, it was pretty good. They do hour-long pieces where one of them starts playing something and the others join in and then it evolves. It must be fucking great to be in a band where you can go "let's do a new album" and an hour later it's finished.

Going to see The Animal Collective at Oran Mor next week.

Anti Flag and All Idols Fall at the QMU tomorrow night. First gig in like, 3 weeks. Getting withdrawl symptomns.

Also got these wee babies set up

May

18th Sonic boom six/ Random Hand (Barfly)

28th Ignite (King Tuts)

July

7th Random Hand (Rockers)

22nd Failsafe (Rockers)

24th Sonic Boom Six (Rockers)

November

23rd New Found Glory/ Set Your Goals/ crime in stereo (Barrowlands)

I saw Paramore last night. I was fixated on Hayley. Decent enough gig. Crowd was only there for Misery Buisness which was a shame but they got involved in the other songs to a point as well.

I saw Paramore last night. I was fixated on Hayley. Decent enough gig. Crowd was only there for Misery Buisness which was a shame but they got involved in the other songs to a point as well.

How many changes of underwear did you require?

Guest gillzy_dee

was at paramore last nite 2. thought it was pretty damn good tbh althought i wasnt starin at hayley....it was josh i was lookin at ;) laughed a lot wen i saw how small they made the mic 4 hayley tho :lol:

had 2 sell ma ticket for 30 stm at the corn exchange the othr nite so i didnt miss ma last day of skl. gutted 2 have missd it :(

Leonard Cohen at Edinburgh Castle in July is next in the pipeline. I really am intrigued as to what this is going to be like.

Went to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds at the Carling Academy and Willie Nelson at the Clyde Auditorium over the last week or so, and both were great. Nick Caves new album hadn't grabbed me particularly, but the songs from it really were great live. Warren Ellis is now more beard than man.

The Quireboys, Dan Baird and Homemade Sin and Diamond Dogs at Moshulu last night were excellent. Good unashamed rock'n'roll, with a southern twist from Dan Baird, all night. Magnificent.

Next on the agenda-Motorhead/Saxon and Danko Jones in November at the Academy in Glasgow. Although I hope that their will be something in the offing to keep me going until then.

Guest gillzy_dee

red jumpsuit apparatus at king tuts on the 20th n then cartel there on the 2nd of june!! cnt wait 4 rja i luv them!!!! :D

any1 else goin2 eithr of these???

Dirty pretty things on thursday, should be good in moshulu although i have work on friday at 6 :(

I realllllly wanted to go to that but seen as my English exam is at 9am the next morning i decided against it!

I'm just back from seeing the wombats at the corn exchange. What a lot of pish. They were rubbish!