Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I was there too mate, they were indeed immense! Did you see the riot that nearly started where that 6ft 6 psyco had to be restrained by 5 grown men and was hellbent on laying into this guy? :unsure: It was a shame cos it was during Munich so I couldn't enjoy the song cos I was focusing on trying not to get knocked unconcious.

And were Make Model the 2nd band that were on? The ones from Brooklyn? They were stoned out their faces so funny! :lol:

Make Model are a Scottish 5 piece with a female singer.

Been a good week for gigs: Nada Surf, Hold Steady and Young Knives B)

Next will probably be Attic Lights at QMU next month.

I was at the YK gig last night too, absolutly gutted that Vampire Weekend pulled out though as I wanted to see them alot more than the Young Knives. Softened the blow thatthe tickets were free I guess.

Doubly gutted that it's 2nd time in a 2 weeks that I've seen Jonny Foreigner support (Los Camposinos last week) and they have been brutal both times, christ knows why their so well rated.

Edited by kullibino

Having been underneath the front circle in the rear stalls at the gig last year; I would say you should have a very good view from there.

You booked yours yet?

Shadows, searching in the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You booked yours yet?

Shadows, searching in the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, waiting to see whether my mum and her boyfriend are going, as it makes sense to book tickets together if they are, however having seen them 2 years running with a holiday to pay for, they might give it a miss.

If they aren't going, I'll probably nip into Glasgow and buy a ticket in person so I can ask for the best seat availiable.

Just back from Robyn, probably the best concert ive seen in the last 5 years, it was utterly fantastic and for three reasons.

The sound in the liquid rooms is amazing, the clarity was ubelievable.

There was a heavy gay following, i had two blonde lesbians snogging right in front of me for half the night which was an experience.

Robyn was fantastic, what a voice, what a performer, she will blow up to be absolutely huge in the next year or so.

What did you think of the The Young Knives new material? I was quite impressed.

They were very bold to play about 6 or so new ones in a row, especially in front of a large group who it seemed had paid primarily to see vampire weekend. but it was all good. :)

The Go! Team were superb at the Ironworks tonight, even if it wasn't near a sell out ! I might even go through for their gig in Aberdeen tomorrow night ! B)

It's really fucking disappinting to see what a shite crown turned out for it tonight! I'll climb on to my high horse now with that. FFS! We've cried and cried for a venue and we've ened up with what I believe is easily one of the best in the country... but we get great beands up and still can't anything like fill the place. You'de be lucky if you could call it anywhere half full tonight. :angry:

Anyhoo, the Go! Team are a band I love to see live. Ninja is a simply a class front woman, the band always seem up for it. Caught Roy's Iron DNA and thought they were superb but it'll dpend if you're into a really chilled out Ian Brown type sound whether you like them or not.

Great night. And, hoo, ninja's nips.

I can't even be arsed editing this. I think the extra letters in words work baby yeah!

Edited by FilthyMack

It's really fucking disappinting to see what a shite crown turned out for it tonight! I'll climb on to my high horse now with that. FFS! We've cried and cried for a venue and we've ened up with what I believe is easily one of the best in the country... but we get great beands up and still can't anything like fill the place. You'de be lucky if you could call it anywhere half full tonight. :angry:

Best in the country for me is the ABC. Carling is pretty decent, the barn in Finnieston is hell on Earth, I'll see what the Armadillo is like in June (for a gig, as only been there for "The League of Gentleman" about 7 years ago)