Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just back from Roger Waters at the Hydro and I've never been surrounded by so many ignorant arseholes at a gig before.

Lots of rambling and politics but enjoyed the show as a whole and the music was obviously fantastic. 

Eldest going to see Arctic Monkeys at Glasgow - she’s used to venues less than 1000 for gigs she’s been to

ive not been to a festival or big show in years- what’s the script with this section here ? I noticed on on tv at download etc

seems a pile of shit if general tix have to stand behind here - can’t recall pricier tickets for this area .

2084D71C-B994-408A-BDE7-D54A2694C9A2.jpeg

33 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Eldest going to see Arctic Monkeys at Glasgow - she’s used to venues less than 1000 for gigs she’s been to

ive not been to a festival or big show in years- what’s the script with this section here ? I noticed on on tv at download etc

seems a pile of shit if general tix have to stand behind here - can’t recall pricier tickets for this area .

2084D71C-B994-408A-BDE7-D54A2694C9A2.jpeg

It depends, sometimes it’s a VIP section(tho they’re normally smaller) but often it’s a safety thing where you can go to the front section if it’s not full.

I was at the green day gig in bellahouston last year and don’t think it required a second barrier.

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

Just back from Roger Waters at the Hydro and I've never been surrounded by so many ignorant arseholes at a gig before.

Lots of rambling and politics but enjoyed the show as a whole and the music was obviously fantastic. 

Same we had to move because some arsehole absolutely buckled kept trying to get touchy feely with all the females around him until he finally got turfed out.We moved because we were trying to enjoy the show and you could see someone was going to deck the p***k so after numerous pleas to the stewards from quite a few they huckled him.Didnt dampen the evening but things could have turned quite nasty if people hadn't shown restraint 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Same we had to move because some arsehole absolutely buckled kept trying to get touchy feely with all the females around him until he finally got turfed out.We moved because we were trying to enjoy the show and you could see someone was going to deck the p***k so after numerous pleas to the stewards from quite a few they huckled him.Didnt dampen the evening but things could have turned quite nasty if people hadn't shown restraint 

Genuinely don't think I've encountered so many arseholes at a gig before, seen atleast 4 different grown men fall down the stairs because they were hammered.

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Genuinely don't think I've encountered so many arseholes at a gig before, seen atleast 4 different grown men fall down the stairs because they were hammered.

I’ll see your Roger Waters crowd and raise you Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds and Gerry Cinnamon.

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ll see your Roger Waters crowd and raise you Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds and Gerry Cinnamon.

I have absolutely no doubt their gigs would be full with wankers, thankfully it'll be a dark day in hell when I go see either.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

I have absolutely no doubt their gigs would be full with wankers, thankfully it'll be a dark day in hell when I go see either.

The saving grace at Noel Gallagher gigs is that with Liam now hitting stadium gig popularity himself, a lot of the ‘lads’ from Oasis days go to be obnoxious and pissed out their skulls at his gigs instead. Gerry Cinnamon at the O2 Academy was actually a pretty vibrant atmosphere… but probably the only gig I’ve ever been at where I suddenly felt like the old fart I actually am.

No doubt there are other artists who attract an ‘arsehole’ element. I never had a Roger Waters crowd marked down as being particularly arsehole-centric.

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The saving grace at Noel Gallagher gigs is that with Liam now hitting stadium gig popularity himself, a lot of the ‘lads’ from Oasis days go to be obnoxious and pissed out their skulls at his gigs instead. Gerry Cinnamon at the O2 Academy was actually a pretty vibrant atmosphere… but probably the only gig I’ve ever been at where I suddenly felt like the old fart I actually am.

No doubt there are other artists who attract an ‘arsehole’ element. I never had a Roger Waters crowd marked down as being particularly arsehole-centric.

Yes at the concert hall last year made me feel relatively young!! Was worried watching the old and infirm negotiate the stairs down to their seats.

29 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Yes at the concert hall last year made me feel relatively young!! Was worried watching the old and infirm negotiate the stairs down to their seats.

… just like me at the SMiSA then. 😎

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Sun was out and early drinking seemed to be the order of the day for many 

On 01/06/2023 at 16:22, Miguel Sanchez said:

On the subject of tickets

I got an email from Ticketmaster the other day about Alvvays. It included this:

t.png.a617d8a7d6547dbc8f4dd4785011f37c.png

If you haven't had the pleasure, those blue bars go from side to side. Their website proudly proclaims:

So naturally when mine gets scanned it doesn't work and was apparently saying "possible screenshot". The app doesn't actually let you take a screenshot at all. Sent down to the box office, they scanned it and said it was fine. Aye cool, I'll rock up at half six to get to the front and Ticketmaster's bullshit gets in the way. c***s.

As for the gig, they were on for barely over an hour and didn't play Party Police. Raging. Here's the other side of the stage from Sweeps:

IMG202305312127231.thumb.jpg.601d0ee5342e6eb4d8c413606ea97989.jpg

I have no idea about the safetix nonsense, I just got there really early and just let them scan my ticketmaster barcode and got in no bother.

I think their opening act was a last minute replacement and it’s caused issues with how long they can perform. 

It did fly by though, glad they came back on and played some bangers.

Glad we were in the same space anyway, it’s a small world. 

On 01/06/2023 at 10:11, betting competition said:

I was about 4 or 5 rows back from you! It was a great gig

Crowd was great I thought, good mix of young and old, surprisingly tbh. 

Was about greetin’ when they played Fourth Figure before going into Archie.

I fucking love Alvvays and doubly love Molly Rankin. What an absolute pleasure to watch.

IMG_2478.jpeg

Edited by SweeperDee

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Elton John tonight at the Manchester Arena.

Tickets were purchased in 2018 so glad this is finally going ahead.

I'm away to see him in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks after buying tickets in 2018. 5 years is a hell of a wait for a gig.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Sun was out and early drinking seemed to be the order of the day for many 

Aye very strange crowd. The guys next to me were coked out of their sizeable tits. No idea why you'd think coke is a good idea for a Waters/Floyd show - they spent most of it hitting the seats infront and gurning. 

Phenomenal gig, a few drunken steamers beside me, two in particular who spent all fucking night on their phones, watching the gig through the video screen...but other than that, absolutely nothing to get worked up about...the summer sun this weekend has no doubt added to the exuberance I guess...!

Saw him for the first time 5 years ago, but this was head and shoulders above for me, whether that was simply the seats we had, I dunno, but I thought tonight was pretty special, have to say!

20230603_204851.jpg

20230603_222428.jpg

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Phenomenal gig, a few drunken steamers beside me, two in particular who spent all fucking night on their phones, watching the gig through the video screen...but other than that, absolutely nothing to get worked up about...the summer sun this weekend has no doubt added to the exuberance I guess...!

Saw him for the first time 5 years ago, but this was head and shoulders above for me, whether that was simply the seats we had, I dunno, but I thought tonight was pretty special, have to say!

20230603_204851.jpg

20230603_222428.jpg

Saw him in Nashville a few months ago, was amazing. That was the first time I'd seen any of the pink floyd lot, so it was emotional. I had an argument with some Mexicans too, then we all got drunk together.

Yep, stick me down on the "great gig, full of roasters" list. I genuinely don't know why people get THAT smashed at a gig, or watch full songs through screens rather than savour the moment. That stage set up, meaning every floor seat was more or less a belter and gave everyone a chance to see the man himself a bit more up and closer.

A really special night and quite possibly the last time I'll see that particular one of my favourite musical heros in person.