Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 10/04/2023 at 23:17, Craig fae the Vale said:

An Easter Monday seeing Wednesday 13 for the first time in almost 20 years. A really good show.

Support from South of Salem, who I have now seen twice in a few weeks in support slots. They're a good band, but something about them just doesn't click for me. Sick n Beautiful, who were excellent, and also sound. Bought their graphic novel, which I'm looking forward to reading. And Tarah Who? Who put on a good performance. 

Bonus photo of me with 2 members of Sick n Beautiful. Good guys, will be looking out for further tours of theirs.

20230410_211401.jpg

20230410_200025.jpg

I was at the barrier, my 5th time seeing Wednesday in 20yrs haha! 
Agreed about South of Salem and Sick'N'Beautiful too.

Also got Paramore and Combichrist this month. Paramore was about 60ish plus fees.

Also, just bought tickets for Waterparks at The Barras later this year, with support from Stand Atlantic.

Seen James with an orchestra and choir at the Usher Hall on Saturday, decent gig and the addition of the orchestra definitely adds a different dimension to a bands sound.

One sour note for me was the anti Sturgeon comment from Saul. That’s me seen James, Morrissey and John Lydon in the past few years and they have all felt the need to throw in their tuppence on Scottish politics. Just my opinion but no need for it, I’m there to listen to the music and have a good night and don’t care about a band or individual members political persuasion.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

I’m looking to take my son to his first gig at the hydro in November. He will be 7 1/2 by that point. The gig says over 8s in seating only but I’m wondering how strict the staff are at places like the hydro? 
My son is tall for his age and doesn’t look 7. Just don’t want to plough money in to tickets and we end up not getting in.

10 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

I’m looking to take my son to his first gig at the hydro in November. He will be 7 1/2 by that point. The gig says over 8s in seating only but I’m wondering how strict the staff are at places like the hydro? 
My son is tall for his age and doesn’t look 7. Just don’t want to plough money in to tickets and we end up not getting in.

Took my kid to see Little Mix last year. It was all seated and she was 10 but I'm sure some of the crowd were actual toddlers (with massive earplugs at least)
It'll say that on the ticket for liability probably. At that age they don't have photo ID so can't really be challenged to prove how old they are.
Just tell him he's a P5 for the day and if anyone asks he did long division that day in school lol.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My gig list this year:

P!nk

Lewis Capaldi

McFly

Quite the list, come at me P&B. 

Pink puts on a good show, you’ll enjoy that. Jealous you’re away to see McFly.

Already seen Lizzo and Ava Max this year. Got Elton, Pet Shop Boys, Deacon Blue and Madonna still to come.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Pink puts on a good show, you’ll enjoy that. Jealous you’re away to see McFly.

Already seen Lizzo and Ava Max this year. Got Elton, Pet Shop Boys, Deacon Blue and Madonna still to come.

Actually seeing McFly twice, they’re supporting Lewis Capaldi as well, so that’ll be good. Seen them a few times before and they always put on an excellent show. 

On 02/05/2023 at 14:09, funky monkey said:

Otoboke Beaver this Friday at St Luke's.

Anticipating it to be my gig of the year.

FB_IMG_1683032873207.jpg

If that *wasn't* your gig of the year then you've got something pretty fucking spectacular coming up.

On 03/05/2023 at 20:06, die hard doonhamer said:

My gig list this year:

P!nk

Lewis Capaldi

McFly

Quite the list, come at me P&B. 

Got a ticket for McFly at The Barras, and one for Busted on the 20th September date, among many others this year.
3rd time seeing McFly, 2nd for Busted, not including the once I saw McBusted.