Gigs

pilsner_ffc

20 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

He was good i thought. I left a few songs early as was surrounded by some absolute arseholes talking and shouting the whole way through... hey ho maybe im just getting old and grumpy.

Nah, fuckwits who treat gigs like a loud jukebox to talk over need stabbed in the throat.    Acoustic based stuff highlights them more as there’s no loud base to go over them but they are still there at full band gigs.    I don’t get it at all, there’s so many better places to have a laugh and a chat, why the f**k would you pay money to try and shout over the artist you have payed to listen too?

The Damned last night were very good. I was a bit worried as you tube videos of gigs in Europe didn't seem great. New stuff was all decent and they did a few old classics. Must be quite hard deciding what to leave out when they've been going so long.

A fantastic Easter Sunday night in the company of Gun at The Bungalow in Paisley. 

Billed as an acoustic show, it was more like a semi acoustic night of superb energy and great songs. A veery good live band, still at the top of their game.

Got Wednesday 13 at the Cathouse tomorrow night. 3 support bands, so should be good value. 

20230409_214705.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

28 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

A fantastic Easter Sunday night in the company of Gun at The Bungalow in Paisley. 

Billed as an acoustic show, it was more like a semi acoustic night of superb energy and great songs. A veery good live band, still at the top of their game.

Got Wednesday 13 at the Cathouse tomorrow night. 3 support bands, so should be good value. 

20230409_214705.jpg

Gun stopped being Gun for me as soon as Mark Rankin stopped doing the lead vocal.

An Easter Monday seeing Wednesday 13 for the first time in almost 20 years. A really good show.

Support from South of Salem, who I have now seen twice in a few weeks in support slots. They're a good band, but something about them just doesn't click for me. Sick n Beautiful, who were excellent, and also sound. Bought their graphic novel, which I'm looking forward to reading. And Tarah Who? Who put on a good performance. 

Bonus photo of me with 2 members of Sick n Beautiful. Good guys, will be looking out for further tours of theirs.

20230410_211401.jpg

20230410_200025.jpg

13 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

An Easter Monday seeing Wednesday 13 for the first time in almost 20 years. A really good show.

Support from South of Salem, who I have now seen twice in a few weeks in support slots. They're a good band, but something about them just doesn't click for me. Sick n Beautiful, who were excellent, and also sound. Bought their graphic novel, which I'm looking forward to reading. And Tarah Who? Who put on a good performance. 

Bonus photo of me with 2 members of Sick n Beautiful. Good guys, will be looking out for further tours of theirs.

20230410_211401.jpg

20230410_200025.jpg

Are you the one in the middle?  

I really wasn't expecting too much from Peter Hook & The Light last night at the o2, but it was absolutely wonderful. Ran through some New Order songs then Unknown Pleasures and Closer, followed by JD crowd pleasers. He's got a great band too.

Played for around 2.5 hours. Top stuff.

Edited by pantene proV

15 hours ago, pantene proV said:

I really wasn't expecting too much from Peter Hook & The Light last night at the o2, but it was absolutely wonderful. Ran through some New Order songs then Unknown Pleasures and Closer, followed by JD crowd pleasers. He's got a great band too.

Played for around 2.5 hours. Top stuff.

Aye, I had similar reservations about this but thought it was excellent.

Only downside was the awful drinks selection in the venue 

7 minutes ago, yabass said:

£70+ a standing ticket 👀

I'm going to guess the elaborate stage background will be part of that. Arcade Fire, with loads of people and instruments and decoration, was around the same price. The National, with loads of people and instruments, was something like £50. Paramore next week is ~60-70, I think.