Gigs

pilsner_ffc

My annual "weekender" visit to London next weekend to see the Hold Steady, seeing them Friday and Saturday night at the Electric Ballroom., Always the gig highlight of the year for me. Fantastic support on the Saturday from Scott Lavene who I will also be seeing at the Hug and Pint in a couple of weeks 

Alter Bridge slipping in a gig at O2 Academy Edinburgh (fka Corn Exchange) on Tuesday 6th June just before Download where they play the Thursday.

This is where o2 Priority comes in useful, presale ticket procured as that gig will sell out no bother when Friday's general sale starts!

21 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Realised that Yo La Tengo are playing in Barcelona while I'm there, but the gig is sold out. Anyone know if there's a Spanish/European Twickets equivalent that I can keep an eye on?

Ticketmaster spain by the looks of it. Might be for resale nearer the time. 

https://www.ticketmaster.es/event/yo-la-tengo-entradas/32891?clickId=RWYxygRmuxyIUCi1A8Rh1UuSUkAU7MxNB3roXw0&irgwc=1&utm_source=1234554-Songkick&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1234554

Enjoyed the Young Fathers last Friday although I thought 70 minutes wasn't that long for a band that had quite a few albums. Was pleased when they didn't do a fake encore though. 

Only a few gigs this month with Psydoll in Tunnels in Aberdeen and also Father John Misty at the Barrowlands. 

Edited by betting competition

Funeral For A Friend playing the 02 Academy in Glasgow, 8th of October. Playing Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation in full I believe. Support from Dashboard Confessional.

Also Employed To Serve are playing The Cathouse on 26th of October.

Both go on sale, Friday at 10am.

On 08/03/2023 at 19:05, betting competition said:

Enjoyed the Young Fathers last Friday although I thought 70 minutes wasn't that long for a band that had quite a few albums. Was pleased when they didn't do a fake encore though. 

Only a few gigs this month with Psydoll in Tunnels in Aberdeen and also Father John Misty at the Barrowlands. 

I saw Psydoll in Dundee around 15 or 20 years ago. Not my usual kind of thing, but it was a laugh. 

My tickets for Camel* at the Usher Hall in June arrived yesterday. Yay! Like most of my fave bands that I've been going to see, my last chance to see them before they're dead.

* Young people: seminal Canterbury Scene progsters from the 70s. Or one of them and some session men, anyway.

On 04/03/2023 at 11:43, funky monkey said:

The Black Angels at the QMU last week were amazing.

Hearing Young Men Dead live was some experience.

Alex Maas howls like a wolf throughout, a sight to behold.

Alongside the BRMC and Brian Jonestown Massacre, 3 great bands.

It’s just a massive wall of noise, isn’t it?  Huge sound. 

W.A.S.P. at the O2 Academy in Glasgow tonight on their delayed 40th Anniversary tour. Absolutely fantastic show, hit after hit and Blackie Lawless still sounds fantastic  at 66 years old.

Support was from South of Salem, who are pretty good. Will see them again in a few weeks supporting Wednesday 13.

20230321_211348.jpg

On 18/03/2023 at 23:59, GrahamJags said:

Was also at this tonight. He was outstanding. 

Death Cab For Cutie at the Barras next. 

I wish the joint Death Cab For Cutie/The Postal Service tour was happening outside the US. I’ve never seen either band so that would have been superb.